Piedmont Triad International

Trango7

So, PTI no longer allows Uber drivers to park awaiting plane arrivals or fares. Wonder what happened to bring this out?

UrbanHippieChick

I heard there was a driver soliciting rides. We are allowed at the airport but we cannot walk up to people offering rides or asking them if they need an Uber. We can be in the parking lot with our app on and pickup/drop off riders but no soliciting rides. The reason for this is there is a a taxi company that has paid rights to be the official transportation company at the airport. They have a office/counter that customers walk up to and request a ride at. So feel free to park in the arrival area but be sure to feed the meter! Airport security does check this from time to time.

Trango7

That su
Lunes more like it. Might have just been an overzealous security lady told me I couldn't park. I've been back since and noticed a few there since then.

49matrix

I heard there was a driver soliciting rides. We are allowed at the airport but we cannot walk up to people offering rides or asking them if they need an Uber. We can be in the parking lot with our app on and pickup/drop off riders but no soliciting rides. The reason for this is there is a a taxi company that has paid rights to be the official transportation company at the airport. They have a office/counter that customers walk up to and request a ride at. So feel free to park in the arrival area but be sure to feed the meter! Airport security does check this from time to time.
If they're awake or could give a damn! There seems to be one lady who empties the meters and, when she's out there, keeps an eye out for meters needing feeding! PTI is a pretty small airport and not too actively staffed. If I'm taking someone to the airport I may hang around for a ping but it's first in gets the first ping so if there's 9 cars there, and I'm the last one in, and only 4 flights coming in over the next 2 hours it is rarely worth it. No-one has ever hassled me EVER at PTI and I've had some long rides from there too, Fayetteville, Mount Airy, etc.

Paulie00

I have sat there everyday (M-F) for two weeks from about 3-5pm. Never got a hit. This week I will not be going to the airport during those times. I found a little spot where I don't wait more than about 5 minutes. They are not long rides but better than sitting for 2 hours and not getting anything

49matrix

I have sat there everyday (M-F) for two weeks from about 3-5pm. Never got a hit. This week I will not be going to the airport during those times. I found a little spot where I don't wait more than about 5 minutes. They are not long rides but better than sitting for 2 hours and not getting anything
You need to download the flight arivals/departures app and check the Uber riders app to see how many cars are waiting. Between those two you can see if it's worth waiting. Check each individual flight for delays and cancellations.

Fredly00

I have sat there everyday (M-F) for two weeks from about 3-5pm.
I work nearby and check the queue, I don't understand why people sit there for hours, when no flights are due in... For hours.

I have Sat there before after dropping off pax, prior to the queue system, it was still a waste since Uber drivers would go stand on the curb or baggage claim to get advantage over those waiting in cars.

You can wait at baggage claim, and feed the meter, they will cite you if you don't pay the meter. Some folks will park at the Marriott it's still within the geofence, but be careful you might get harassed.