1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Piece of crap drunk pushed gum into window crack and it went down inside the window mechanism

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by RockinEZ, Sep 5, 2015.

1. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I really do not understand young people now.

I picked up 4 students in Mission Beach, going to the expensive private school USD. A drunk idiot was in the front passenger seat.
    He kept saying "I got you buddy". He had me all right. He pushed a wad of gum in the window crack, rolled down the window. When he got out he slammed the door very hard.

Now every time the window is put up or down, gum gets all over the window.
    The door card will have to be removed, the mechanism will have to be cleaned and the door card replaced.

I can not remove the door card on a VW Jetta, so a body shop will have to do it.
    They estimate 2 hours labor.

I took photos, and sent in a request for cleaning fee to Uber, but expect little.
    This idiot will cost me over 200 bucks and a lost day.

No more pickups in the beach area for me after midnight.

I don't understand the misplaced anger toward a guy that is just providing transportation in a friendly efficient way.

2. It's not enough that you drive them for cost. They have to piss on you because you have not lost money on them yet.

Jam Val and RockinEZ like this.
  3. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I usually look in the back seat for damage and lost items after a ride.
    Now I will do it while the pax is still there.

4. hrcabbie

hrcabbie

Another result of uber's bus rates. Even with driverless technology the price will eventually have to go back to what it should be, and these pieces of **** can choose between the bus or their hush puppies. That is sad you had to deal with that. Something needs to be done to expose uber's intent, hopefully the regulators will fix this before it destroys more people. **** these people taking advantage of uber's greed.

Cathi, JLA, UberXTampa and 1 other person like this.
  5. hrcabbie

hrcabbie

Sorry didn't mean to use such vulgar language, just the heat of the momment.

RockinEZ likes this.
  6. elelegido

elelegido

Ahh... the wonders and joys of cheap alcohol.

It's nothing to do with you or any other driver. It's got a lot to do with the legal age to drink being 21. They can't drink legally for their first three years of adult life, then they hit 21, the flood gates open and they can't handle it.

JLA and RockinEZ like this.
  7. cityjohn

cityjohn

Sorry to hear. I'd fix it for you if you were closer to Santa Ana.

It does, however, answer part two of the question should I offer water and gum to my passengers?

bigprttygrlswag and elelegido like this.
  8. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I have never provided anything that Uber does not give me to passengers.
    As you know Uber provides us nothing..... so the pax gets nothing but a good safe ride.
    If it costs me money, they don't get it.

This *hole brought his own wad of gum as well as his negative attitude.

The app user was actually a girl that had "hooked up" with this looser and was taking him, and his friend back two the two girls residence at USD.

At a minimum, Uber will email, or call her and she will find out what a looser this idiot is.
    Possibly I will be reimbursed for the clean up. This may catch this young lady's attention.
    It is not smart to hook up with drunk losers in the beach area. Even dumber to take them back to USD.

So it goes.....

chi1cabby likes this.
  9. elelegido

elelegido

I really, really disliked the drunk shift in San Diego. Very high late night @@@@@@bag count in that city for some reason.

10. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I will bail before midnight tonight and avoid the beach area all together.
    The upcoming holiday will be a drunk fest. No thanks.

11. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    I had another winner that I did not allow in the car... This one was from PB.
    I get a ping to Hornblend and Dawes. Her pin was right on the corner.

I arrived, waited a couple of minutes and called. She was very drunk and very pissed off at the world. She cussed me up and down for not being at Hornblend and Dawes. I informed her I was right under the street sign and she was not there. I waited 3 more minutes and collected the stupid pax fee. As I pull away I see a drunk young blond leaning against a car with her phone out half a block away. I pulled up and asked her if she was the pax. She said "Yes I am you MF". I loved the look on her face as I pulled away. :eek:

Jedi Driver, forqalso, JLA and 2 others like this.
  12. elelegido

elelegido

Should have said, "MF? I'm not your dad - you'd better keep looking for him"

13. You're taking a car to the mechanic because a piece of gum is stuck in the window?

Oh my.

14. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Door card or door panel?

Takes me 20min to remove door panel on my Passat.

Jedi Driver likes this.

15. "When he got out he slammed the door very hard."

What is it and these idiots and door slamming? What's that supposed to mean exactly?

As far as idiots go, the sad thing and true fact is there is no shortage of those in San Diego anymore... Here's a list of a few places in San Diego that based on my own past experience only got you *******s for the most part with short rides:
    1. Hillcrest and North Park: A whole bunch of queens with attitudes with very few exceptions no wanting to walk a mile... they spend all day "ubering" one mile at a time.
    2. Mission Blvd: Capital of multiple paxs ubering together on 1 to 2 mile rides - especially when it's a cute girl's name on the request like a kylie, katy or kitty... most other places in PB are OK for the most part.
    3. Hotel Circle: Most rides from there lead to either North Park - or Hillcrest - a few will lead you to the airport which is a much better option
    4. And finally the infamous Gaslamp quarter, which can be a hard place to pick up "idiots" since they are so spoiled and usually cancel if they're not picked up within a minute... In the rare case you're not dealing with idiots, they will make sure to be in a good spot, an easy to pick up location, will wait, and their destination could actually be a decent fare.
    One thing for sure is once you hit any of these locations, the pings will keep coming non stop But I guess that's what Uber means when they say "less is more" or " More is less" either ways, it's a pain in the ass for the drivers... when they have to do 10 rides - that's dealing with 20 to 40 people - for around or less than 50 bucks.

16. William1964

William1964

I tried gum with no problems but it didn't go over well Jolly Ranchers didn't go over well individually wrapped lifesavers ok

17. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    You nailed San Diego. Best San Diego post so far.
    Especially the part.... wait all of it was accurate. All parts were my favorite part.

What is it with young women funding the rides for idiot young men. If the freaking guy can't buy an Uber ride, he should not be riding you.

Fruits and nuts..... If you are a straight driver, you have no chance at getting a good score.
    I quit gaytown unless I am dragged over there, and hope the next ride are women. At least they don't trash your car. What is the thing with texting each other inside the car? Why do gay men text each other inside the car?

Hotel Circle seems to be normal people until mom pees in your car. WTF? That blew my mind.

The Gaslamp Quarter used to be called the "Stingaree" in 1890. It still is the Stingaree for Uber drivers. The home of $3.50 rides.

UberReallySucks you do indeed know Insane Diego.

18. RockinEZ

RockinEZ

Driving:
    UberX
    Only in my report to Uber sock head.

19. Paimei

Paimei

Driving:
    Taxi
    Once again I will say, welcome to the taxi club, believe me this will not be the first time your car will be deface, spit on, puked in, peed in, don't say I didn't warn you. If you want to play with the big boys, expect the same treatment.

20. JLA

JLA

Driving:
    UberX
    I imagine your attitude doesn't much help either. I think you're right. You should stay away from groups of people you don't like. They'll usually figure it out. That would be like me saying I hate Ni**ers and choosing to pickup around Compton or Inglewood.