Pickups / Dropoffs in Morrisville and RDU!

Do you have problems with Morrisville ride requests?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

fiyawalker

Yesterday, I picked up an rider who works for Cisco who said he and "his community" prefer Lyft because of how cheap it is. That lead to a discussion of "them" not giving tips even though Lyft supports it. The conversation actually began because he had me wait 5 mins outside Cisco while he was in the building. I called him twice and he just said that he'll be right out. Then he was on the opposite side of the building. When I went to get him and saw him, I started the trip (Uber). When he got in the car, he complained that I started the app! He then said he uses Uber as a last resort because of pricing. I told him if the prices continue to drop he wont have drivers! He got out of the car angrily. I gave him a 2 star and he must have given me a 1 or 2 star since my rating dropped from 4.91 to 4.89.
Today, I had another encounter from Morrisville. I picked up a rider at 7:05 whose destination was RDU with a flight departure of 8:00! I told him he may not make it. Then I asked if he was familiar with the RDU Pickup and Drop off zones. He arrogantly said he knows all about it since he takes Uber to RDU 2 - 3 times a week. When we got to RDU, he tried to get me to take him to the door for Delta. I told him no and that it could result in me getting a ticket. He said all the other drivers take him to the door. I assured him that THIS driver will not and I dropped him at zone 17. He complained and said he could have taken his own car since he was gonna be late! WFT! You're DA is late cause of YOU not ME! These blanks don't understand that these cars belong to US not Uber or Lyft! Without drivers there is no Uber or Lyft!

49matrix

Yesterday, I picked up an rider who works for Cisco who said he and "his community" prefer Lyft because of how cheap it is. That lead to a discussion of "them" not giving tips even though Lyft supports it. The conversation actually began because he had me wait 5 mins outside Cisco while he was in the building. I called him twice and he just said that he'll be right out. Then he was on the opposite side of the building. When I went to get him and saw him, I started the trip (Uber). When he got in the car, he complained that I started the app! He then said he uses Uber as a last resort because of pricing. I told him if the prices continue to drop he wont have drivers! He got out of the car angrily. I gave him a 2 star and he must have given me a 1 or 2 star since my rating dropped from 4.91 to 4.89.
Today, I had another encounter from Morrisville. I picked up a rider at 7:05 whose destination was RDU with a flight departure of 8:00! I told him he may not make it. Then I asked if he was familiar with the RDU Pickup and Drop off zones. He arrogantly said he knows all about it since he takes Uber to RDU 2 - 3 times a week. When we got to RDU, he tried to get me to take him to the door for Delta. I told him no and that it could result in me getting a ticket. He said all the other drivers take him to the door. I assured him that THIS driver will not and I dropped him at zone 17. He complained and said he could have taken his own car since he was gonna be late! WFT! You're DA is late cause of YOU not ME! These blanks don't understand that these cars belong to US not Uber or Lyft! Without drivers there is no Uber or Lyft!
As soon as I see my rider's destination as RDU I give them the spiel about dropping them of at Z17. Most regular RDU riders are already familiar with the existing farce and only have a carry on bag and it seems to be no big deal to them. However, I did have a couple and their daughter taking a vacation and wanted to use the curbside check in at Delta for the 3 fairly large bags they had. Understandably he complained most of the way there and I took them to departures anyway, right up to Delta. He was very grateful, not enough to leave a tip, and as I was closing the trunk, along comes Sgt Segway and starts to give me a hard time. My rider hears this and got right in the cops face and told him he was paying a livery service to take him to the destination he wanted and not one that was convenient for the airport. I could have kissed him! Before I was able to get thee hell out, the cop told me that if I tried that again he would ticket me.
With regard to the riders who don't leave enough time to catch their flight and tell me to "step on it", I say that I will get them there in the safest and legal way. If they start to make an issue out of it I tell them "bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" - sure I may get a 1 star rating but it does shut them up.
One other thing - door slammers only get 1 star.

Laz Yoldlug

Evidently the risk to reward ratio and the current amount of remuneration is still acceptable to those "Partners" still willing to put up with all the BS in search of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Take off your rose colored glasses. Move on. Take a stand. You deserve better.

49matrix

Evidently the risk to reward ratio and the current amount of remuneration is still acceptable to those "Partners" still willing to put up with all the BS in search of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Take off your rose colored glasses. Move on. Take a stand. You deserve better.
You make a good point and if I had to drive with Uber/Lyft for 100% of my income, well, I wouldn't! I do this for a part time retirement job and have a way that I operate that keeps me making money (I do a weekly P&L statement.) I realize that the money I make comes out of the value of my car but it still has low mileage and gets good MPG. I could get a different PT job that may pay more but I like the flexibility of being an Independent Contractor, however, at some point soon as a result of the recent BS, I will be getting out. The Uber market in the triangle area is going to burn out and the fares will keep decreasing until we get to the Detroit standard of 30 cents/mile!

Durm

Agreed! It was almost worth the risk when Uber would pay for the ticket. With that gone, it would take hours to break even on a $50 ticket!

Durm

I stay out of Morrisville if I can. You might as well stick to a campus if you're going for minimum fares. Most of the rides I've gotten in Morrisville are people from "his community" needing a ride home from the Harris Teeter. It was close enough for them to walk, so the ride is short, and your car smells like curry.

fiyawalker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only take a ride request in Morrisville if it surging or UberSelect! Make those cheap b&$tards pay a good price for a good service! You control your own destiny!

fiyawalker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just saw a 2.1 surge in Morrisville/Cary completely disappear! It didn't gradually disappear it vanished! I believe Uber disables the surge algorithm at will if it looks like they will lose riders b

rocksteady

As soon as I see my rider's destination as RDU I give them the spiel about dropping them of at Z17. Most regular RDU riders are already familiar with the existing farce and only have a carry on bag and it seems to be no big deal to them. However, I did have a couple and their daughter taking a vacation and wanted to use the curbside check in at Delta for the 3 fairly large bags they had. Understandably he complained most of the way there and I took them to departures anyway, right up to Delta. He was very grateful, not enough to leave a tip, and as I was closing the trunk, along comes Sgt Segway and starts to give me a hard time. My rider hears this and got right in the cops face and told him he was paying a livery service to take him to the destination he wanted and not one that was convenient for the airport. I could have kissed him! Before I was able to get thee hell out, the cop told me that if I tried that again he would ticket me.
With regard to the riders who don't leave enough time to catch their flight and tell me to "step on it", I say that I will get them there in the safest and legal way. If they start to make an issue out of it I tell them "bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" - sure I may get a 1 star rating but it does shut them up.
Talking to RDU drop-offs about the drop-point is a great lazy pax litmus test. Either they bich (the lazy) or they understand and we both have a good laugh at the lazy who get all bent out of shape about having to walk an extra (maybe) hundred paces to the escalator/elevator.

rocksteady

You have a "For Hire" plate, correct? Do you have the exemption certificate number displayed along with the trade name on both sides of your vehicle? So even with for hire plates you have to pick-up and drop-off in prearranged services? I tell all my passengers who complain that they should complain to the airport about being dropped off there when they pay the airport the same fee as the cabs do.

49matrix

You have a "For Hire" plate, correct? Do you have the exemption certificate number displayed along with the trade name on both sides of your vehicle? So even with for hire plates you have to pick-up and drop-off in prearranged services? I tell all my passengers who complain that they should complain to the airport about being dropped off there when they pay the airport the same fee as the cabs do.
No I don't have For Hire plates nor an exemption cert. #. I do have the Uber trade sign on the bottom right of my windshield. What has this got to do with regular Uber drivers not being able to drop off fare paying riders where they want to go and not where RDU & Uber want them to be dropped off?

49matrix

Talking to RDU drop-offs about the drop-point is a great lazy pax litmus test. Either they bich (the lazy) or they understand and we both have a good laugh at the lazy who get all bent out of shape about having to walk an extra (maybe) hundred paces to the escalator/elevator.
Tell that to the 70 year old couple with heavy check in bags who want curb side check in!!!

rocksteady

Tell that to the 70 year old couple with heavy check in bags who want curb side check in!!!
I hear you. I tell them to complain to the airport authority because they're paying the same entrance fee that the cabbies pay yet are being treated like second class citizens.

rocksteady

No I don't have For Hire plates nor an exemption cert. #. I do have the Uber trade sign on the bottom right of my windshield. What has this got to do with regular Uber drivers not being able to drop off fare paying riders where they want to go and not where RDU & Uber want them to be dropped off?
It doesn't. My B. I got you mixed up with someone else.

rocksteady

I noticed you have a commercial insurance policy from this thread:
https://uberpeople.net/threads/rest...-succinct-questions.10451/page-10#post-312020

So you have a commercial policy but don't have for-hire tags and Uber's not taking out the safe-ride fee? CSRs keep denying that anybody with a commercial policy is getting any part of the SRF even though multiple drivers in the area have stated otherwise. Any advice you could give me on how to go about convincing them otherwise would be appreciated. I can't afford to keep my commercial policy with Uber still taking that $1.80