• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pickup premium LIKELY

AlaskaLover

Have you ever got pings labeled by Uber like that? After busy night, I was waiting for a ping early in the morning in North Phoenix and got a ping from Cave Creek with Pickup Premium Likely notice and 23 mins ETA. Thinking that it might be good airport trip, I've accepted it. It was 23 mins and about 14 miles away from me. I drove there and got 2 stupid kids drunk as f with a destination point being exactly at the same house, because 3rd stupid kid didn't know where those 2 stupid kids are going. So I asked them the address and it was 0.8 mile away from that house. I got around $3 for that.
I mean, what the f does it mean Pickup Premium LIKELY? Like Zuber doesn't have the destination address in the program. What exactly is wrong with these fools? Just tell me if it's worth going 23 mins for it or not!

backstreets-trans

Have you ever got pings labeled by Uber like that? After busy night, I was waiting for a ping early in the morning in North Phoenix and got a ping from Cave Creek with Pickup Premium Likely notice and 23 mins ETA. Thinking that it might be good airport trip, I've accepted it. It was 23 mins and about 14 miles away from me. I drove there and got 2 stupid kids drunk as f with a destination point being exactly at the same house, because 3rd stupid kid didn't know where those 2 stupid kids are going. So I asked them the address and it was 0.8 mile away from that house. I got around $3 for that.
I mean, what the f does it mean Pickup Premium LIKELY? Like Zuber doesn't have the destination address in the program. What exactly is wrong with these fools? Just tell me if it's worth going 23 mins for it or not!
It is my experience that most of these premium pick ups are crap. They pay you a long distance pick up fee after 10 minutes and that usually amounts to an extra $0.60-$1. Another Uber scam.

If it says rider booked this trip in advance then it might warrant the effort. I have been treating these premium trip notification as a warning not to chase and I doubt if I'm missing out on anything.

Dakidd

Well my very next trip in Cave Creek was to Sky Harbor.

God knows when Uber driver encounters injustice.
Sounds like you're picking up J d's tactics if in fact you really got a trip from Cave Creek back to the airport then why would you ask if it was really worth it apparently that's a decent run

AlaskaLover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My question is not about next trip to the airport, but about Zuber sending me trips labeled as "good trip LIKELY" being 100% sure that the trip is literally 0 miles.

It doesn't tell you it's a good trip, you're misinterpreting the message. The PREMIUM refers to the 21 cents per mile they will pay you for the miles driven to the pickup, nothing more. Ignore any pickup more than 10 min away, but if its Uber and shows as a scheduled trip, it's more likely a longer ride, in my experience. But driving 14 miles to pick up is not in your best interest. Just ignore...

AlaskaLover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It doesn't tell you it's a good trip, you're misinterpreting the message. The PREMIUM refers to the 21 cents per mile they will pay you for the miles driven to the pickup, nothing more. Ignore any pickup more than 10 min away, but if its Uber and shows as a scheduled trip, it's more likely a longer ride, in my experience. But driving 14 miles to pick up is not in your best interest. Just ignore...
So what does "likely" mean then? And no, I didn't get paid those 294 cents

CTK

Pickup premium has nothing to do with the trip's destination; it is pay for traveling to the pick up.

There are numerous posts on this forum about this - educate yourself.

just_me

My question is not about next trip to the airport, but about Zuber sending me trips labeled as "good trip LIKELY" being 100% sure that the trip is literally 0 miles.
Sounds like you got your OP answered when the next trip was a trip to Sky Harbor, yes?

Last edited:

CTK

It does not say "good trip likely", it says "premium pickup likely". Has zero to do with the trip itself - zero. It means you have the potential to get paid en route to the pickup.

Uber has an easy job manipulating drivers with bullshit.

Jdemonto

Yeah it’s all bullshit, I risked a 19 min 15+ mile pick up last night in anthem and hooked a decent trip. People were stranded for two hrs!

I had 3 mini unicorns in a row last night!

23AD8002-04B9-4646-AB7F-806F559DBE9F.jpeg

D4701297-4DBC-4B5B-AB5E-3EA89EBF6B29.jpeg

B1538058-92E7-4B9F-83C2-CEA41632BBF4.jpeg

goneubering

It does not say "good trip likely", it says "premium pickup likely". Has zero to do with the trip itself - zero. It means you have the potential to get paid en route to the pickup.

Uber has an easy job manipulating drivers with bullshit.
I thought it says Premium Trip Possible.

CTK

I thought it says Premium Trip Possible.
If it's borderline (it may cross the threshold and pay you extra, but probably not and even if it does it'll be a small payout) it says "possible". If it's a longer pick up and extra payout is likely, then it says "likely".

C' Mon people this isn't hard. Understand that Uber relies on the fact that their drivers aren't bright enough to get this stuff - they throw out words like "premium" and they know that drivers will salivate over the potential for extra money without question. To win you have to play the game better than they do! Educate yourselves, learn how all this stuff works, maximize your time and your money with the things that are within your control.

goneubering

If it's borderline (it may cross the threshold and pay you extra, but probably not and even if it does it'll be a small payout) it says "possible". If it's a longer pick up and extra payout is likely, then it says "likely".

C' Mon people this isn't hard. Understand that Uber relies on the fact that their drivers aren't bright enough to get this stuff - they throw out words like "premium" and they know that divers will salivate over the potential for extra money without question. To win you have to play the game better than they do! Educate yourselves, learn how all this stuff works, maximize your time and your money with the things that are within your control.
Okay thx. I usually ignore them. Haven’t seen the Likely one yet.

Ajaywill

Here is the other part of the "Pickup Premium Likely" that is buried in the TOS......

Any amount paid to you as a Pickup Premium is also calculated as part of the minimum fare payout.
So if your pickup premium is $1.10, but the ride is only a few blocks, that $1.10 becomes part of your min fare payout of $2.62. If you check the payout details on that ride, you'll probably see that.

The other anomaly with those is a cancellation...I accepted a "Pickup Premium Likely" request about 15 min away, got there, waited five minutes, passenger no show. I cancelled and my payout was $8.33. when I checked the fare details, the only thing listed was a premium pickup fee of $8.33.

If this truly is a premium to compensate a driver for a long pickup, it needs to be IN ADDITION to the fare, not part of it.