Picking up Pax at 1 / 1:30 AM, do ya'll return to Midtown or call it a night

Muber1

Hey Folks,

Quick Question regarding late hours when people are out of clubs, if you pick up a Pax around 1:15 and its a 15 minute ride, is it worth it heading back to bar / club area at that point?

Richard Cranium

I personally do not drive at night due to previous experiences with Intoxicated Millennials. They feel the car is a playground and you are there to cater to all their whims. It is a lose situation unless there is something in it for them.

So basically the few ruined it for the good. Nights are not worth it IMHO.

RC

Muber1

Yeah makes sense.

I went out last night and got couple of folks but they were short trips and by thr time I got bacm the streets were empty!

What day / time and area do you suggest?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

Richard Cranium

Yeah makes sense.

I went out last night and got couple of folks but they were short trips and by thr time I got bacm the streets were empty!

What day / time and area do you suggest?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated

From what I am hearing from others on the board, the lessor of the Evils is Midtown, but I kinda stick to my little area and Honey Hole.
There are others on here that will chime in and provide some solid advice on where and when to go, but remember Uber is NOT profitable for drivers in the long run, so take it all with a grain of salt, but pay attention at the same time.

I can say I have seen more people complain about the surges (that used to exist) were spotty and DEFINITELY not worth chasing. Airports are a LONG wait, and a crap shoot, you may or may not get a good fare. If it is a short one to a hotel or close, the painful part is that you go BACK INTO BEGINNING OF THE QUEUE after a short OR long trip.
So you may only make $3.00 or less they have to wait again.

RC

ps) Nothing good happens after 12, so I am home WAY before that.

darkshy77

Read read read.... Stay out of my pond.. Midtown can be short fare hell.... Downtown monday- Friday at any time you may get a airport run. Or min fare. Everywhere is full learn to understand the pax app.

Hell yeah !

I dont drive after midnights. Its very risky and not worth it. First of all, goodluck finding your pax will all those traffic. By the time you reach at the pickup location, surge will be gone and you call them, and they say i am already in another uber. If your pax is a drunk lady passed out, Be very careful. They can throw you with any false accusations, and you are done unless you have a solid dashcam to prove you are innocent. Say no to drive thrus and congrats you will get a 1 star, you earned it! Finally, if somebody throw up, man you are done not only for the night, for aleast couple of days. That smell will be there forever no matter how many times you wash it. Uber dont pay for the time you were unable to work due to that incident. They will give you just $50 for cleaning fee and they will charge pax like $200

tohunt4me

I haul the drunks home.
I haul the drunks to another bar.
Drop them off for breakfast.
Pick them up from breakfast.
Pick up the bartender's and bring them home.
Bring hungover people to the airport.
Bring people to get their cars the next day.
24 hour bars where I work though.

Muber1

I haul the drunks home.
I haul the drunks to another bar.
Drop them off for breakfast.
Pick them up from breakfast.
Pick up the bartender's and bring them home.
Bring hungover people to the airport.
Bring people to get their cars the next day.
24 hour bars where I work though.

And have you had any incidents since?