Uber Drivers Forum banner

Picking up a wrong pax

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Just Another Uber Drive 
#1 · (Edited)
It happened.

Picked up wrong passenger in weho on Sunday night that is...:eek::confused:

Two drunks. They got in i ask their name but didn't confirm as I got sidetracked by stacked ping request (original ride was 0.86 miles long! :confused:) and now it seems I have "professionalism" as my one and only top reported issue! :(

Don't be a noob. Make sure to confirm their name especially in busy areas!

#6 ·
I went to Union station last week to pick this lady up and couldn't find her so I called and she tells me she's on the corner of Alameda and Traction. Wtf? And she's kind of upset and asks can you please come get me. Ok no problem. I go and get her and she tells me this driver came by and asked if her name was Connie and so she thought he was the right guy but then he went and picked somebody else up and she realized it was the wrong car. Well the guy's English was no good and turns out he'd asked for Bonnie or something. But the messed up thing is she said he got mad and started yelling at her and kicked her the f out of the car. On TRACTION!

#12 ·
Laugh it up jokey but if your name was Subjugator you'd probably run into this frequently.

Subjugator: that's really weird. I wonder how come they sent me the wrong address like that.

Pax: yeah I know. I'm sure I entered it in right.

Subjugator: and your name is Subjugator, right?

Pax: oh no. No I'm sorry, my name is Subjugation!

Subjugator and Pax together: oh, hahaha

Subjugator: now get the hell out of my goddam car. NOW!

Pax: but sir, what about my destination?

#18 ·
S
"Please confirm your name" is pretty straight forward.

I ask "Please confirm your name and destination."

This confirms that they are my pax and it tells me where they are going before I start the trip - which gives me a chance to decline the trip
The thing is is that we arnt supposed to ask their name, they suppose to ask for ours. That atleast i thought is what we were trained to do Cuz pax can see name on driver appl, plus some make the driver guess their name based on who we pick up which causes them to steal the ride.

#20 · (Edited)
S

The thing is is that we arnt supposed to ask their name, they suppose to ask for ours. That atleast i thought is what we were trained to do Cuz pax can see name on driver appl, plus some make the driver guess their name based on who we pick up which causes them to steal the ride.
Training?

We are very much supposed to ask for the pax to verify their name. If you ever have to dispute a wrong rider accusation it is the first thing Uber asks "Did they verify their name?"

It's up to you to make sure the pax isn't staring at your phone when you ask for it.

You can ask them to verify your name too if it makes you feel better. In fact you can ask them for ID if you want.

The pax are instructed to check our license plate number. At no point are they instructed to speak to us at all. Hehe!

Product Font Line Screenshot Building

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.