• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Picking up a wrong pax

MaxJoy

It happened.

Picked up wrong passenger in weho on Sunday night that is...:eek::confused:

Two drunks. They got in i ask their name but didn't confirm as I got sidetracked by stacked ping request (original ride was 0.86 miles long! :confused:smiles: and now it seems I have "professionalism" as my one and only top reported issue! :frown:

Don't be a noob. Make sure to confirm their name especially in busy areas!

Last edited:

MaxJoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also don't be a noob, don't get stacked pings!! :smiles:
Very true. Should always put on "stop New request"! stupid original ride was so short that as soon as I slide start trip, there was that stacked ping! :confused:

Last edited:

Tedgey

I went to Union station last week to pick this lady up and couldn't find her so I called and she tells me she's on the corner of Alameda and Traction. Wtf? And she's kind of upset and asks can you please come get me. Ok no problem. I go and get her and she tells me this driver came by and asked if her name was Connie and so she thought he was the right guy but then he went and picked somebody else up and she realized it was the wrong car. Well the guy's English was no good and turns out he'd asked for Bonnie or something. But the messed up thing is she said he got mad and started yelling at her and kicked her the f out of the car. On TRACTION!

UberLaLa

I went to Union station last week to pick this lady up and couldn't find her so I called and she tells me she's on the corner of Alameda and Traction. Wtf? And she's kind of upset and asks can you please come get me. Ok no problem. I go and get her and she tells me this driver came by and asked if her name was Connie and so she thought he was the right guy but then he went and picked somebody else up and she realized it was the wrong car. Well the guy's English was no good and turns out he'd asked for Bonnie or something. But the messed up thing is she said he got mad and started yelling at her and kicked her the f out of the car. On TRACTION!
getoutofmycar ??? :rolleyes:
:oopsies:

Subjugator

The problem with confirming names is sometimes they think your name is their name so you can still get the wrong passenger. Or like get another passenger with same name. It's important for then to be the ones to say your name.

UberLaLa

The problem with confirming names is sometimes they think your name is their name so you can still get the wrong passenger. Or like get another passenger with same name. It's important for then to be the ones to say your name.
But what if there is another LaLa driver out there? We are in that land, ya know...?

:cool:

Tedgey

But what if there is another LaLa driver out there? We are in that land, ya know...?

:cool:
Laugh it up jokey but if your name was Subjugator you'd probably run into this frequently.

Subjugator: that's really weird. I wonder how come they sent me the wrong address like that.

Pax: yeah I know. I'm sure I entered it in right.

Subjugator: and your name is Subjugator, right?

Pax: oh no. No I'm sorry, my name is Subjugation!

Subjugator and Pax together: oh, hahaha

Subjugator: now get the hell out of my goddam car. NOW!

Pax: but sir, what about my destination?

Just Another Uber Drive

"Please confirm your name" is pretty straight forward.

I ask "Please confirm your name and destination."

This confirms that they are my pax and it tells me where they are going before I start the trip - which gives me a chance to decline the trip

UberLaLa

This confirms that they are my pax and it tells me where they are going before I start the trip - which gives me a chance to decline the trip
Yes, but you are in Beautiful Southern California. Most of us just work in the Core of L.A.

:rolleyes:

Subjugator

S

The thing is is that we arnt supposed to ask their name, they suppose to ask for ours. That atleast i thought is what we were trained to do Cuz pax can see name on driver appl, plus some make the driver guess their name based on who we pick up which causes them to steal the ride.

UberLaLa

Me: What's your name?
Pax: Steve
Me: Sorry, not your Uber.
Pax: Who's is it, then?
Me: Not Steve's
Passenger opens their Uber app. Are you (my name)?
Me: I am
Pax: Then this is my Uber.
Me: You are MobyFish?
Pax: Told you this was my Uber...geeesh.

Just Another Uber Drive

S

The thing is is that we arnt supposed to ask their name, they suppose to ask for ours. That atleast i thought is what we were trained to do Cuz pax can see name on driver appl, plus some make the driver guess their name based on who we pick up which causes them to steal the ride.
Training?

We are very much supposed to ask for the pax to verify their name. If you ever have to dispute a wrong rider accusation it is the first thing Uber asks "Did they verify their name?"

It's up to you to make sure the pax isn't staring at your phone when you ask for it.

You can ask them to verify your name too if it makes you feel better. In fact you can ask them for ID if you want.

The pax are instructed to check our license plate number. At no point are they instructed to speak to us at all. Hehe!

Screenshot_20170222-162506.png

Last edited: