• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Picked up the wrong driver and I get his shitty reating ?

pasadenauber

So the other night I had this @@@@@@@ tool dude steal his neighboors uber . I asked him multiple times if he was john and said yeah until the real pax call me then shit hit the fan . This [email protected]@@@er just basically used me just to feet him go up the hill atonhis his expensive redondo beach home .Can we check for Ids ? I mean @@@@ duthis isn't e first time this has happened to me .:mad:

Attachments

LAuberX

OR, what is your DRIVERS name?

we get lazy... and then we pay.

56/63... it was WAY more than one shitty rating.

Teksaz

Ask the pax who their driver is. Like what's your drivers name. If he can't tell you then he isn't your pax. And do this before they ever get into your car.

Renaldow

Yeah, what they said. When people are getting in I say something like, "Hey guys, how's it going? What's my name?" And if they answer correctly we're good to go.

Uber Kraus

asking whats my name doesnt fly well with females sometimes. because they are on guard and ask you whats their name, then you have a stand off , lol
You gotta know how to talk to women. Sometimes it requires a bit more finesse.

Uber Kraus

I did this early in my Uber days. Bars closing. Took some guy to the middle of nowhere. He was asleep. Woke him up at the end.

"Is this it?"
"Yeah, sure...", stumbles out.

As I was pulling out I got a call from the real PAX. I'd love to know how the other guys night ended... I imagine he slept on the street or in a parking lot cause that's all that was nearby.

pasadenauber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thansk guys..Next time i wont ask for "their name" ill ask for you the driver name. I will also keep the doors locked ..

uberAdam78

The only time I have picked up the wrong pax was because the other driver was also Adam. Two people from the same bar request a ride. I get there and they say are you Adam, I say yes and we are off. My phone rings and the pax I should of picked up says where are you? Crazy that both drivers with the same name picking up at the same bar. I ended up cancel and not charging the original pax and the others got a free ride because of the mixup.

KGB7

This is why i verify the destination if its in my app. If destination is empty, then i tell pax to send it to me. No back seat driving BS.

Fuzzyelvis

asking whats my name doesnt fly well with females sometimes. because they are on guard and ask you whats their name, then you have a stand off , lol
Well after 5 minutes of standoff you get paid so...

SERIOUSLY? How is this an issue?

So the other night I had this @@@@@@@ tool dude steal his neighboors uber . I asked him multiple times if he was john and said yeah until the real pax call me then shit hit the fan . This [email protected]@@@er just basically used me just to feet him go up the hill atonhis his expensive redondo beach home .Can we check for Ids ? I mean @@@@ duthis isn't e first time this has happened to me .:mad:
-- the other day I turned down a female passenger that requested an Uber using her husband's name! MY CAR, MY BUSINESS, MY WAY. Not going to play this game - esp. if you have me waiting for more than two minutes! No, thanks!

pasadenauber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i been getting a lot of this type of rides so i double check with this pendejos.. There have been instances they are using someone else's account. So right off the bat i asked them what's my name ,are they drunk/high or whatever , why are you using some else's account t, and most importantly who's account is it.. If they fail all at any this questions I politely tell them i cannot take them, if they show any aggression ( in some instances they have ) i flip them the bird and take off on them.