• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Picked up a rental at a hertz location that isn't affiliated with Uber.. help

Chinadoll 758

So I picked up a car and I need to go to another location can they transfer all payment and info or do I need to return and get a refund and then do so

reg barclay

So I picked up a car and I need to go to another location can they transfer all payment and info or do I need to return and get a refund and then do so
If I understand correctly, you're saying you mistakenly rented a car, with intent to use it for Uber, from a rental location which doesn't participate in such a program. Is this correct?

If so, then my best guess (with no experience of that exact situation, but some experience renting cars) would be that you have to return the car, and get refunded for the rest of the rental period. Then go to a different location which caters to the thing you need. Obviously the company themselves can give a more definitive answer.

reg barclay

LOL @ "refund for car rental".... that's funny. There's no refunds for car rentals.
In my experience if you rent a car, for say a week or month, then return it after a day or two, you'll only get charged for those days (albeit at the daily rate, which will likely be somewhat higher per day than 1/7 the weekly rate, etc).

SuzeCB

To see if any Uber drivers made this mistake in the past. If it doesn't concern you, don't comment. Simple.
ROFL

If you had actually articulated what you were asking properly, and the posts that followed are correct in their assumption of what you were asking, I may be the BEST qualified person to answer you that's responded here. I rented through Uber's program for a year.

But, go right ahead. Keep snapping at the hand that might be trying to feed you...

SuzeCB

When I started Uber had a promo where if you did 75 rides a week and did the rental program, they'd pay you a bonus of $215. The rental, with unlimited mileage and all maintenance costs included, ended up costing me less than $20/week, plus gas.

What's your car costing you, hmmmm?

When I started Uber had a promo where if you did 75 rides a week and did the rental program, they'd pay you a bonus of $215. The rental, with unlimited mileage and all maintenance costs included, ended up costing me less than $20/week, plus gas.

What's your car costing you, hmmmm?
80-100/month? Your out of date for sure. Those rentals are 600-700 or more a month now. You must have got it when the program was just started.

SuzeCB

80-100/month? Your out of date for sure. Those rentals are 600-700 or more a month now. You must have got it when the program was just started.
2016. Promo died in 17, but I was hooked and didn't have a different vehicle to work with, and I was making about $1,000 a week. It was worth it until I was able to set up the money to get my own car. I did that in July. In October, the program with Enterprise ended completely in New Jersey, and didn't quite a few other markets as well.

And, of course, we figured out why they didn't cut the rates again in January of 17. They didn't have to. Instead, they played with surge and introduced upfront pricing and detached us from what the passenger pays entirely. No need to cut race to kill us

SuzeCB

That is so ridiculous. Nowadays anyone can get an auto loan, even with bad credit. Why anyone would rent for more then a month is insane. If you can get some cash or credit together, go get a car loan. Even with bad income your payments will be cheaper.
Like I said, when I started, by the time the promo kicked in, I was paying less than $20 a week. A car would have cost me much more at that time. When the promo ended, I didn't have enough money saved for a car. I had been too busy paying off other bills. In July, when I had the money, I bought a car.

I was making money. I worked both smart and hard. You see all over this forum where someone comes in and complains about how hard they work and they're not making any money. Then somebody turns around and tells them they shouldn't be working hard, but rather they should be working smart. I say the two are not mutually exclusive.

This gig worked for me until Uber started playing with behind-the-scenes crap. At this stage of the game, they are literally trying to hurt their drivers. They do not care.

Like I said, when I started, by the time the promo kicked in, I was paying less than $20 a week. A car would have cost me much more at that time. When the promo ended, I didn't have enough money saved for a car. I had been too busy paying off other bills. In July, when I had the money, I bought a car.

I was making money. I worked both smart and hard. You see all over this forum where someone comes in and complains about how hard they work and they're not making any money. Then somebody turns around and tells them they shouldn't be working hard, but rather they should be working smart. I say the two are not mutually exclusive.

This gig worked for me until Uber started playing with behind-the-scenes crap. At this stage of the game, they are literally trying to hurt their drivers. They do not care.
Why are you making this personal? We get it, you only paid 80 a month. OP is going to pay 1,000 a month. That is a huge difference. At 1,000 a month he would be better off renting a car for Uber Black or SUV. Or renting from livery or limo company.