• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pick Up Mileage vs On Trip Mileage

twoyears

2016 and 2017 rates Canadian tax automobile allowance rates.
54 cents per km for the first 5000 km and 48 cents per km driven after that.

I am in the process of doing my taxes and am calculating the total number of kms I drive for UBER. This includes the mileage to pick up the fare.

Last year I was much better at recording the empty mileage. I found that empty mileage was 41% of what my On Trip Mileage was.

This year I was not so diligent at recording my empty mileage. I drove 5893 km with a customer in the car (On Trip Mileage). I was going to say that empty that would be an additional 2947 km, for a total of 8840 km. I am using 50% for this calculation. I know it is best to record the actual amount but was wondering what others have found driving in the KW area.

Pick up Mileage vs On Trip mileage- What have you found to be the ratio?

Thanks

CocaColaKid

Its hard to say.... some trips are 100%, stacked pings lower that number... My average was 45%.... but my driving habits are way different than someone who does this more frequently than I.

twoyears

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, looks like my unscientific method is within range.
Its hard to say.... some trips are 100%, stacked pings lower that number... My average was 45%.... but my driving habits are way different than someone who does this more frequently than I.