Pick up area domestic airport

Bondi rider

Are we allowed to pick up pad from Exprex pick-up area ? I mean the area where we can stay 15 minutes and get a ticket. I'm on the queue and keep getting requests to pick up somewhere around there, not the usual green pick up area. Thanks

uber_driver

its a win win for you
they still get charged 4$ and you dont if you pick up from express pick up
but if you want to do the "right" thing
tell them to walk to priority pick up area

but since they started priority pick up
i have got request from express pick up area just once
but in the uber app it still said priority pick up
customer called me and told me he is in expess

vegabond

As a driver, I always pick up from Green Priority Pickup. As a rider, once I was called and informed by the driver that he has parked the car in Yellow Express and I walked there assuming that he might be a newbie. He had a low rating, either he was new or dubious. Told him to get to the Green Pickup area from next time.

uber_driver

As a driver, I always pick up from Green Priority Pickup. As a rider, once I was called and informed by the driver that he has parked the car in Yellow Express and I walked there assuming that he might be a newbie. He had a low rating, either he was new or dubious. Told him to get to the Green Pickup area from next time.
as a driver and rider both
you both should work to "rort" the system like Churbro suggests

i mean you could offer cash for discounted fare
both of you win

MyRedUber

Soon we'll all be required to be wearing a retroreflective sign indicating that we're Ubering. If you go to pick up a passenger from the free area, you'll be banned for life. If you Uber without the sign, you'll be fined $5,000. Take your pick.

Mulder99

Soon we'll all be required to be wearing a retroreflective sign indicating that we're Ubering. If you go to pick up a passenger from the free area, you'll be banned for life. If you Uber without the sign, you'll be fined $5,000. Take your pick.

Good point, once you have decal displayed
they probably force you to use priority only...
But for now if pax is at yellow express , pocket the $4 and advise rider to go to priority next time

rads

Uber tracking will tell if you went through the green or yellow area?

Hasn't for me so far. Usually pick up pax from yellow when theres a massive queue to get into green because of idiot uber drivers that dont know how to efficiently use the lot without clogging up everything. You do get the extra $4, but couldn't care less about that. Just save time

buddydubbo

who the @@@@ waits at the airport queues anyway..... i have picked up there once in 3 months! (yellow)
but seriously a half hour plus wait at the airport is dead money!

MyRedUber

Whenever I drive through the hire car waiting area at domestic, there may be a dozen cars there at most, including a couple of HC plated cars. But the app tells me that there are some 80-90 cars in the queue. What's happening?
On the other hand, if I try to use Set Destination at the airport, the app continues to tell me that I can't use it inside the airport precinct, and that lasts until after Gardner's Rd.

Mulder99

who the &%[email protected]!* waits at the airport queues anyway..... i have picked up there once in 3 months! (yellow)
but seriously a half hour plus wait at the airport is dead money!

Good strategy , you can reduce waiting time at a airport...
Plus a network of drivers can be your eyes and ears to the queue length and times :smiles:

Cobalt

Whenever I drive through the hire car waiting area at domestic, there may be a dozen cars there at most, including a couple of HC plated cars. But the app tells me that there are some 80-90 cars in the queue. What's happening?
On the other hand, if I try to use Set Destination at the airport, the app continues to tell me that I can't use it inside the airport precinct, and that lasts until after Gardner's Rd.

The HC waiting area on Ninth St is only for licensed operators (HC plated vehicles generally), and works off the black/lux/suv queue. The rideshare waiting area, by the KFC, is the one for X/XL/Select.

Generally <20 cars in the HC queue at most.

PJube

Good strategy , you can reduce waiting time at a airport...
Plus a network of drivers can be your eyes and ears to the queue length and times :smiles:

I agree Mulder99, it can be an awesome strategy within a shift plus it's a great way to have a short rest, clean the car, have a snack or catch-up with other drivers that can also help form relationships for improving information and earnings etc.