PHX to Tucson

Shalom

Hi - has anyone picked up from PHX airport and taken fare to Tucson? How much would this cost? Any leads for drivers that would be willing?
Thanks.

hijinxu

I have done it. I am a select car so it is about $180 after Commission.

I'd be happy to help.

Hi - has anyone picked up from PHX airport and taken fare to Tucson? How much would this cost? Any leads for drivers that would be willing?
Thanks.

Just put in the ride request when you're at the ride share zone. Immediately text your driver that you are going to Tucson. He/she will likely say ok but should be asking you for return trip pay up front in cash. Time of day/night may matter too.

If you're looking for off app drivers, Some here are licensed to do that. Most are likely not.

taxisuper

Never understood the antipathy about the Tucson trips. It's a max 4 hours round trip. In X you'll make around $90 without a tip. In my car it will cost me about $10 in gas, resulting in $20 per hour. Now if it's 4 in the afternoon or you drive a Ford F150 that gets c**p gas mileage maybe you don't want the trip. Otherwise I just don't see the problem.

SEAL Team 5

Never understood the antipathy about the Tucson trips. It's a max 4 hours round trip. In X you'll make around $90 without a tip. In my car it will cost me about $10 in gas, resulting in $20 per hour. Now if it's 4 in the afternoon or you drive a Ford F150 that gets c**p gas mileage maybe you don't want the trip. Otherwise I just don't see the problem.
And it's 220 miles round trip. Guess what? You won't owe any Fed or State tax on the revenue after deductions. That's always a sign of a profitable ride.

I bet because of nearly every TNC driver having a zero tax burden over the past 2 years then the IRS will lower the standard mileage deduction to $.20/mile.

UberFlunky

Having pax in the car all the way to Tucson means no tunes (or pax bad tunes), windows up, and you can't fart for like 2 hours. The dead head home is much better though.

just_me

And it's 220 miles round trip. Guess what? You won't owe any Fed or State tax on the revenue after deductions. That's always a sign of a profitable ride.

I bet because of nearly every TNC driver having a zero tax burden over the past 2 years then the IRS will lower the standard mileage deduction to $.20/mile.

Also work the Tucson area for a few hours. I've done it and others on this board have too. Tucson is a nice change of pace. Yeah, there's the dead head miles back, but that just means an extra $58.85 off of the top before you pay any taxes as SEAL Team 5 just pointed out.

Part Time AZ

10337292-4522-421B-B462-8B72C4CB86A0.jpeg

FB97E41C-AA6C-4E90-952C-3AD6718A0D53.jpeg

$19 from Buckeye Terminal:
Don’t forget the bus terminal on the west side of the airport on Buckeye RD. $11 Lyft to the Bus Depot from the airport and $12 Greyhound ride(6 Times daily). Or take the free skytrain to Washington St. Walk across the street(North) to Crown Plaza and get your $6 Lyft. And tip your driver $5. :wink:

I can get you there for $39. You just have to put up with the other 43 non English speaking passengers on the bus. The bus terminal is on 7th St and Portland. Just south of I-10.

4012C5E6-DC84-4542-9B76-BAFECB0B5DE3.jpeg
1057A5C1-81E6-42CB-83F6-A4630FEFF39A.jpeg

Don’t forget Amtrak: $58 if you get in early.