• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PHX IHOP, entering the order after driver arrived.

amazinghl

Last night, I was away from my usual area and I got a ping to go to an IHOP 15 minutes away. When I got there, I noticed the restaurant is a little busy, but not too bad. After a few minutes, one of the waitress finally acknowledged me. I announced who I was delivery for and the waitress started entering from the tablet to their point of sale machine. Few seconds passed and their manager walked over with an order and I asked him,

"Is she now just entering my order?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "I'm leaving. Time is money and you just wasted mine."

As I was walking toward the exit, I overheard him said "Stop entering." I was thinking, sucks to be the next driver for picking up this order.

My usual IHOP experience is good, drive there, grab the bags, and leave. Maybe a 5 minutes wait at most, but I will not go back to this one ever again.

This IHOP will forever be in my blacklist.
2090 E Baseline Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85042

Last edited:

nighthawk398

IHOP has to be the worse last night they sent me there in Dallas area and they claimed they never got the order and that was after 15 min of them telling me just s minute a few minutes after I got the order was canceled so free food :smiles:

Teksaz

Let me add to the list. This piece of steaming chit, on the West side.
IHOP
6601 W Peoria Ave, Glendale, AZ 85302
I got all in the managers butt and she then accused me of harassing her. I just told her to log off, turn pad off and unplug. Throw the damn thing in a drawer and then you won't have to worry about lying to the drivers every time they walk through the door.
I gotta say I was just a little heated.

Invisible

One IHOP near me does that, doesn’t make food til driver arrived. They are just hurting themselves because for me it’s an auto cancel.

AtomicBlonde

Last night, I was away from my usual area and I got a ping to go to an IHOP 15 minutes away.
Really? What incentive made you drive 15 minutes to a restaurant? Let alone an IHOP?

After a few minutes, one of the waitress finally acknowledged me. I announced who I was delivery for and the waitress started entering from the tablet to their point of sale machine. Few seconds passed and their manager walked over with an order and I asked him,

"Is she now just entering my order?"
He said, "Yes."
I said, "I'm leaving. Time is money and you just wasted mine."
My experience with IHOP is, like, what did you expect? I took an IHOP order yesterday because it was slow af and I was feeling masochistic. Like, okay, let’s take this and see just how bad it can be. It can be bad. It can be very bad. Better to sit in the parking lot on my laptop than take an IHOP order.

My usual IHOP experience is good, drive there, grab the bags, and leave. Maybe a 5 minutes wait at most, but I will not go back to this one ever again.
Really? Okay. My IHOP experience is “immediately cancel”.

But what I really don’t understand is the part where you drove 15 minutes to an IHOP. What was your fantasy where that would turn out to be a good idea?

You’re always going on about how bad things are because of the $3 in your profile pic. If you’re driving 15 minutes to an IHOP... maybe your lack of earning is partly your fault?

Woohaa

Really? What incentive made you drive 15 minutes to a restaurant? Let alone an IHOP?

My experience with IHOP is, like, what did you expect? I took an IHOP order yesterday because it was slow af and I was feeling masochistic. Like, okay, let’s take this and see just how bad it can be. It can be bad. It can be very bad. Better to sit in the parking lot on my laptop than take an IHOP order.

But what I really don’t understand is the part where you drove 15 minutes to an IHOP. What was your fantasy where that would turn out to be a good idea?

You’re always going on about how bad things are because of the $3 in your profile pic. If you’re driving 15 minutes to an IHOP... maybe your lack of earning is partly your fault?
A lot of tough love being handed out on the board tonight.

amazinghl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because you can get ping 2 minutes away everywhere in Las Vegas doesn't mean other market are like that. 10-15 minutes pings are normal in my market, get off your high horse.

As I said, my IHOP experience is mostly, except for that one.

My lack of earning is straightly with UE.

Screenshot_20190201-214012.png

dlearl476

I've had really good experiences with the two IHOPs I get deliveries from. When it's busy, it's busy. BTDT.

The other night I had a weird one, though. Got an offer from a Denny's where I eat regularly. Both my orders, and the orders I've delivered in the daytime go like clockwork. But I got a delivery about 10:30pm the other night. It seemed like there were only two oeople working, I'm pretty sure they didn't put my order in until I arrived, and it took almost 15 minutes to get it. Had it been UE I would have cancelled, but I've yet to figure out how to cancel a GH offer I've accepted, and don't really want to.

At one point while I was waiting, a family of four came in. The "hostess" told them it would be a 15 minute wait before they could be seated. There were, honest to god, four friggin tables with customers in the whole restaurant, and half of the open ones had dirty dishes sitting on them. It was all I could do not to say to that family, "If I were you, I'd go somewhere else."

It totally blew me away. It was so opposite of every experience I've ever had at that restaurant.

My lack of earning is straightly with UE.

View attachment 294048

My GH pay summary used to look like that, for the first three weeks I worked GH. They've dropped way off. Since UE started offering tipping pre-order, I'm averaging 1, maybe 2 orders per block. And I'm making minimum (without a single order) on a lot of blocks. Driver Saturation???

And oddly enough, after a week of 75%-80% tippers on UE when the first changed the app, it's back down to 10%-20%.