• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PHX Airport Queue - No Flights for Rideshare Until - 0900 to 1000 Hours

RalphNader

Just curious my rideshare community in Phoenix:

I occasionally will arrive at PHX Airport, 1st thing in the morning, say 0600-0645, expecting to grab a couple of early Uber-based morning-munchy fares. Yet I find myself waiting a long time for a bite. Sometimes as long as two hours. Now I am casually doing this, for I am a new rideshare driver. Has anyone else had this happen to them? After JUST yesterday troubleshooting the Uber App with their "pro-support" about another issue, I though to re-install the app while for this morning that app switched me from 1-5 in the queue, to 35-45 in the queue! I am attaching a audio clip or a link so you kids can hear the call. Not too schocking the support Uber uses, started off by lying.. Take a listen.

Uber Pro Support Mis-Information PHX

R3drang3r

I occasionally will arrive at PHX Airport, 1st thing in the morning, say 0600-0645, expecting to grab a couple of early Uber-based morning-munchy fares. Yet I find myself waiting a long time for a bite. Sometimes as long as two hours. Now I am casually doing this, for I am a new rideshare driver. Has anyone else had this happen to them? After JUST yesterday troubleshooting the Uber App with their "pro-support" about another issue, I though to re-install the app while for this morning that app switched me from 1-5 in the queue, to 35-45 in the queue! I am attaching a audio clip or a link so you kids can hear the call. Not too schocking the support Uber uses, started off by lying.. Take a listen.

Welcome aboard.

Myself personally I don't waste any time waiting in the queue. When I drive early morning I like to get out on the road 5 a.m. . It's really easy to catch a ride going to the airport at that time.
drop the rider off and drive right back out of the airport. It's not hard to catch another ride going right back to the airport not too far away. I can do a lot of rides in that 2 hours you're sitting in the Q.

Rocknrlk

1-5 or 25-30 doesn't matter at that time of morning. Lots of ride share coming into the airport, they don't need you. Only time queue works is late evening when less ride share drivers are bringing in passengers.

just_me

Compare arrivals versus departures to help get a better idea when it’s ok to sit in the queue. Compensate for pax getting to to airport early. If a driver drops off a pax, they will get next call to pick up before the queue.

If a driver drops off a pax, they will get next call to pick up before the queue.
Sometimes should be the first word in the sentence. I get rematched maybe half the time driving days.

OP: So you didn't learn from the first 6 a.m. 2 hour wait you experienced? Well, keep trying then.

Dakidd

Sometimes should be the first word in the sentence. I get rematched maybe half the time driving days.

OP: So you didn't learn from the first 6 a.m. 2 hour wait you experienced? Well, keep trying then.
[/Q?the 200 cars that are sitting there might also be a clue

nosurgenodrive

4am to 9am catch rides around town to the airport.

Don't go to the queue until after 11am. Don't stay after 1am.

Rules to live by.

welikecamping

It's nice that there is a decent stop to park and hit the john before racing out to my next ride. Sometimes I will also clean my windshield, or grab my breakfast apple before getting back on the road. You mean you can actually wait here for rides to come to you?

welikecamping

#1 - "race", as in hurry. I don't actually race anyone.
#2 - sarcasm. As in you will grow old waiting for rides in the "queue"

welikecamping

Not that there's anything wrong with sitting in the queue. Some fisherman like to sit on the bank and toss in a line, letting the fish come to them and other fishermen like to hunt around in different holes, hunting the prey. Both methods produce, but I'm a hunter-fisher:-)

Boombowie

I’ve been in the AP queue exactly twice in the last 8 months. That was to use the restroom and take a short break. There’s too many rides out there to be sitting around waiting IMO. Anyway, hope the summer is good for everyone...I’ve only driven twice for a few hours this past month. Last summer was decent so...

There are actually VERY good times to go to the lot instead of driving out empty. Not often, but there are times.
Post automatically merged:

.....Anyway, hope the summer is good for everyone...I’ve only driven twice for a few hours this past month. Last summer was decent so...
I'm still seeing springlike dollars in June.

just_me

Sometimes should be the first word in the sentence.
Not sure how you're adding 'sometimes', but a couple of years ago paxs were complaining about the excessive wait times at Sky Harbor. Some drivers apparently took a while to get there from the waiting lot. Uber started rematching in order to cut down on the wait times. Lyft soon followed. It made business sense back then and still does today.

Last edited:

welikecamping

I've been making my goals as well, driving around 20 hours a week. I don't need rides out of the airport to do it, but lately, it seems like every airport ride is very short, and not really worth the hassle. If I don't get a rematch, and I look at the deserted pickup at T4, I'm outta there.

.... If a driver drops off a pax, they will get next call to pick up before the queue....
Because you stated "WILL" get the next call. This is hardly a given. The busier the airport is, the better your chances. Demand based according to Lyft and Uber. My rematch percentages go down in summer, better in season. Drivers dropping off can get next available ride. After all the other drivers ahead of him that just dropped off.
Post automatically merged:

It was a good Saturday.
I took Saturday off. Managed $25/hr this morning though, 6 to 10 a.m. on X. Good ap rides.

Today, Sunday I dropped off downtown and I saw the airport was surging at $6.00 and very little drivers so I went in the new holding lot for the first time in over a year. I was 1 - 5 for x and 1 - 5 for xl. I got there at 10:10 am never got a trip so I left at 10:45. I was there over a half hour and no trip with less than 5 ahead of me in each category. I thought With that few drivers and a high surge I would get a trip right away, that’s why I don’t go to the holding lot. In that amount of time I could have gone out to a resort and had a trip in and then a rematch out again.