Inshur

Phv licence inspection

tomambros

Hi all,

What is roughly waiting time if i want book my car to get a licence on the car...? The closest to me is garage in Coulsdon. Do I need to do Mot again (just done it a month a go... ) Will i get the sticker on windscreen straight away ?

Thanks

Anon2014

There is a shorter waiting time for re-licencing but first one has longer waiting time. Also call everyday if there are an cancellations and sometimes you can get in on the same day.

Nature_BOY

Is a cracked rear light a fail?

I guess its a yes.. I was told by my local garage that lots of pco drivers are coming there to repair small/minor chips in the car body/paintwork as inspection is even catching those!!

London-born-and-bred

I guess its a yes.. I was told by my local garage that lots of pco drivers are coming there to repair small/minor chips in the car body/paintwork as inspection is even catching those!!

That's true, when my car was being done another guy failed on some minor bodywork damage and was moaning about it, they told him TFL has told them to crack down on damage. he told them it had passed the previous year with the same damage and they said that it's all changed and they won't pass it now.

AmExec

Call at 8am and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a booking as that's when all the cancellation slots are on their screen. I do that every time I've bought a car and have always managed to get a same day booking.

London's Finest

Hi all,

What is roughly waiting time if i want book my car to get a licence on the car...? The closest to me is garage in Coulsdon. Do I need to do Mot again (just done it a month a go... ) Will i get the sticker on windscreen straight away ?

Thanks
I think the MOT has to be 14 days old or less.

UberLuxbod

That's true, when my car was being done another guy failed on some minor bodywork damage and was moaning about it, they told him TFL has told them to crack down on damage. he told them it had passed the previous year with the same damage and they said that it's all changed and they won't pass it now.

When vehicle licencing was first introduced they would fail if the paint on a repaired panel was poorly applied.

And any sizable dents were a failure aswell.

Standards were gradually eroded.

I suspect because some people complained or said they were being discriminated against.

Whenever I saw a tatty old knacker vehicle inspected there was always something the drivers had in common.

McHaggis

When vehicle licencing was first introduced they would fail if the paint on a repaired panel was poorly applied.

And any sizable dents were a failure aswell.

Standards were gradually eroded.

I suspect because some people complained or said they were being discriminated against.

Whenever I saw a tatty old knacker vehicle inspected there was always something the drivers had in common.
Now that's just racist !

London-born-and-bred

What is?

That the drivers all appeared to work at local cash offices?

What you take from an ambiguous statement says more about your opinions than mine.

I have noticed that as well, sometimes when between jobs I park up at my old local office and their fleet is actually quite tatty, mostly now ex Uber drivers who I suspect have been deactivated because of low ratings.

That it was one thing I will say about Uber, the majority of vehicles are clean and well kept as are the drivers, scruffy drivers don't last too long.

Sowf off da river

I have noticed that as well, sometimes when between jobs I park up at my old local office and their fleet is actually quite tatty, mostly now ex Uber drivers who I suspect have been deactivated because of low ratings.

That it was one thing I will say about Uber, the majority of vehicles are clean and well kept as are the drivers, scruffy drivers don't last too long.
Yes they might be stupid but they dress smart. lol
Local offices now have mostly riff raff of ex uber, some with newly new cars. But most of them dirty.