photo snafu

davido

Short and sweet. Working tonight in Chapel Hill for Uber, got a run to Raleigh, declined a bunch of trips along the way. Drop off the pax and Uber asks me to take a pic to verify it's me. I do, giving it my best smile, using the same iphone (about the sixth or seventh time I've been asked to do this) and the app says the pic doesn't match my file photo. Two calls to driver support where I'm told they're looking into it. Finally get a message, saying they've determined the photo is not me and they've decided that I'm account sharing and they've "made the difficult decision to deactivate your account" adding "the decision is final." I don't uber during the summer, but will probably head to the Green Light hub in the next week just to clear my name. I always assumed facial recognition software was fairly accurate, but I guess not.

RaleighUber

and the app says the pic doesn't match my file photo. Two calls to driver support where I'm told they're looking into it. Finally get a message, saying they've determined the photo is not me and they've decided that I'm account sharing and they've "made the difficult decision to deactivate your account" adding "the decision is final."
See, they are a "technology company" not a taxi service....

davido

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Epilogue. Showed up at the Green light hub. Guy realized it was just a really, really bad picture. Got a lecture on how to take a good selfie and reinstated.