1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Phone Mount Advice?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Karen Stein, Jan 1, 2017.

1. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

Depends what else you use your phone for. I happen to use my phone a lot for biking and running, so I went with a quad lock phone case and mount. I have mounts for the car (suction cup style), one for my bike, and one as an armband as well for when I'm running. I've also got a mount on my treadmill so I can have my phone nearby, not bouncing around in the cupholder, and can use it when I need. I love it. When I went from iphone 5 to 6 plus I just had to buy a new case and all the mounts still worked just fine.
    For my wife who also does uber we did a custom mount from proclip usa. It was a little on the spendy side, but attached to a good spot without having to use a vent, etc. and when she upgraded from the iphoen 5 to 7 plus, just had to get the clip portion itself, the part that mounts to her car still worked just fine...

2. NGOwner

NGOwner New Member

3. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I have a couple of those Scosche magnets and like them (and use them for things other than phones). They just move around too much for me when holding a phone while driving.

But I am sold on the magnetic mounts, and now I use the Ziku mounts in my cars because they stand the phone away from the vent to let air through, have a support 'leg' on the bottom and the clip itself can be tightened to the vent.
    They are on sales on Amazon right now for $16.88 ($20 off)

upload_2017-1-9_13-46-15.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. Uberblondie

Uberblondie Member

I got a cheap magnetic mount off of Wish. After a few months it broke but with a bit of krazy glue that mount is still holding on.

5. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

6. UberwithDan

UberwithDan Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have tested about 6 different models now . Scosche mounts seem to be the best quality and the magnet versions are GREAT. I most recently purchased this model after trying out a cheaper competitors version and the Scosche version is by far worth the money. Better magnet, well thought out design. The goos neck is very secure does a great job of absorbing vibration and doesnt wiggle or wobble at all. It even has a tiny clip for your charger cord which is a tiny but useful feature I havent seen on any other amount oddly enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I9I8WGY/?tag=ubne0c-20

7. Goodellsux

Goodellsux Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
  8. UberwithDan

UberwithDan Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I use window mounted myself just because the instrument panel is more to the center and part of the dash so Id be locking something fore sure. I try to avoid using anything with adhesives as well.