1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Phone Mount Advice?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Karen Stein, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

Got in my car today, placed my phone in its holder .... And the holder fell apart. Lovely.

In about two months of ubering, this was the second mount to fail. So I started my day $45 in the hole after visiting a truck stop for another.

I note that each holder is a unique design. The new one holds the phone using a mighty magnet. Claiming to be "trucker tough," and costing double what the previous types did, I hope it lasts.

So ... What moun
    ts work for you?

(If this one fails, I just might Velcro my phone to the dash!)

2. TBone

TBone Active Member

3. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

wk1102 likes this.
  4. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    In my opinion this is by far the best car phone holder I've ever used. Works amazing fits any car vent and is strong enough to hold a 10 inch tablet also crazy cheap $15 at Wal mart and there's nothing to break

http://www.scosche.com/magicmount-vent2

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  5. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Scosche magnet mounts are top notch

I love magnets, i found a place online to get them for $1 shipped from china, I bought a bunch to use around my house.

6. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    RAM-Mount bolted directly to the frame of the car. Suction cups in Florida are a joke and everything else is cheap junk by comparison. I'm convinced I could get into a head on collision with the space shuttle and my phone would still be mounted to what's left of my civic.
    IMG_20160920_173124.jpg

7. Uberana

Uberana Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This one works for me.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V54LQO4/?tag=ubne0c-20

8. GalinMcMahon

GalinMcMahon Active Member

Eww, horrible reviews. Apparently the rubber melts into the CD player. I use a similar one but with the vent clips. It doesn't grip the vent very well but it's better than 3M'ing it to the dash.

9. Uberana

Uberana Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Rubber? There's no rubber. It's all plastic. Seems pretty heat resistant to me.

10. Older Chauffeur

Older Chauffeur Well-Known Member

Looks like a Prius. :p I have a RAM mount with the base attached to the passenger seat bracket.

uzurper likes this.
  11. A_Driver

A_Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have this one also. Actually I have two of them. One in my car, one in my truck. Magnets are awesome. They make other mount options as well. Suction cup, air vent, etc. I haven't had an issue with anything melting. Who listens to CD's anymore? Think I paid $10-$12.

12. SamIam51

SamIam51 Member

Driving:
    UberX
  13. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I got one $9.99 at autozone. ac vent mount. the clips didn't fit my ac vents so I had to use a zip tie. had it almost 2 years now.

14. MikesUber

MikesUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  15. DrivingZiggy

DrivingZiggy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That is also the one I use with my LG G5. I've had it for ~6 months now and it has worked flawlessly. There is a spot in my RAM 1500 where it fits perfectly and it has never fallen off. When you get in, you just "slap" your phone in-between the grips and the spring-loaded mechanism will then clamp down on your phone. When you want to pull you phone out, you just "pinch" the ends of the mechanism and the phone will release immediately. Very handy, quite sturdy, adjustable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    SamIam51 likes this.
  16. uzurper

uzurper New Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'm with Bean and Older Chaffeur - RAM Mount! I have two actually: one with the suction cup to the windshield and the other in the cupholder.

17. rdelosh74

rdelosh74 Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I got mine free from Uber.
    Has lasted the longest of any I have ever owned before.

18. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got one from Amazon, plugs in to the cigarette lighter plug, and has an extending arm, allows for two chargers to connect as well .

19. Gadget369

Gadget369 New Member

http://www.proclipusa.com/ I've used these mounts for 3 different vehicles and 2 different phones. A little more expensive than a lot of mounts but so easy to change it if you upgrade your phone. Comes in 2 parts. One specific for the vehicle and one for the phone and most vehicles it has a couple different mounting locations.

20. TechBill

TechBill Active Member

I second on this mount. I am using one and I brought mine from Best Buy but you can also get this same mount from WalMart cheaper.

It haven't fail me yet and the magnet on it is pretty strong.

Bill