PHL

Sixersman1

Just a general question because I'm interested. Been driving since April 2015...mostly for fun but have times where I make a decent amount of money. Usually only 10-15 hours/week.

How has UberX been at PHL? I did two rides today and enjoyed them. They weren't super long rides though so I know they weren't worth the wait.

What do the wait times generally look like? Any other though times? Anyone snag any decent rides?

Just interested.

jaien39

Just a general question because I'm interested. Been driving since April 2015...mostly for fun but have times where I make a decent amount of money. Usually only 10-15 hours/week.

How has UberX been at PHL? I did two rides today and enjoyed them. They weren't super long rides though so I know they weren't worth the wait.

What do the wait times generally look like? Any other though times? Anyone snag any decent rides?

Just interested.
Can you be more specific on Super Long Rides?? around how much $$ and how many minute ??

Shpinzy

Just interested.
At PHL wait time can vary from 1 minute to 1 hr sometimes. The pickup destinations are random . I took people to Penn state . Atlantic city New York from phl .I also took ppl to ridley park or the navy yard. long runs do not happen often. It's just luck

Sixersman1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1 uberpool--center city $9 net
1 UberX-center city during rush hour $17 net

So not long at all. Just looking to see if that's how most end up...or rather if there are some opportunities to get longer trips out of Philly or at least to the suburbs.

260kprius

If the que time is low, 30 min or less, the airport is worth it.
About 20% of your rides will be about 25 miles or more (Conshohocken, Bensalem, King of Prussia ). Plenty of rides to jersey.
The bulk of your driving is highway miles even if the rides are to center city.
I have had a ride to Hershey. (100 miles).
If you wind up north of center city keep the app on to bring you back to center city. Check the que timer. If it's 30 min or less turn app off & head back to the airport.

phluber

Airport is less $/hr in my experience but also less stressful since it's fewer and longer rides. Has been total shit lately though with tons of pool requests and requests that aren't even from the airport but the surrounding area.

All week I've gotten rides directly to the convention center which is basically minimum fare after waiting 30+ minutes for a ride.

UberBlueVW

About 20% of your rides will be about 25 miles or more (Conshohocken, Bensalem, King of Prussia ). Plenty of rides to jersey.
If you wind up north of center city keep the app on to bring you back to center city. Check the que timer. If it's 30 min or less turn app off & head back to the airport.
Hi,

I concur. I had a trip to just beyond Princeton, NJ from PHL. Made my $214 day-yyy!

UberBlueVW

TheBlank

Where does one go to the bathroom while in queue. And don't say the lot, even though it smells like a sewer.

LevittownPa

How do you check the que timer?

DelaJoe

You can always bring a plastic pee cup..at least if you are a guy or a transgender woman. Just make sure you don't miss. Make sure you have some water to rinse it out.

Airport queue times are shorter in the early morning hours and late at night. Most Ubers work during the daytime and early evening. Check the flight schedules...if a lot of flights are coming it at certain hours the queue will drain faster.

Orioles

You can always bring a plastic pee cup..at least if you are a guy or a transgender woman. Just make sure you don't miss. Make sure you have some water to rinse it out.

Airport queue times are shorter in the early morning hours and late at night. Most Ubers work during the daytime and early evening. Check the flight schedules...if a lot of flights are coming it at certain hours the queue will drain faster.
I do the same thing. Use, rinse, repeat