• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PHL UberX - how often are you tipped?

krystinacore

Long time lurker, first time poster. Today I was tipped $4 on a 2x surge/7 minute trip by a very nice, first-time Uber passenger. I realized that I have done 247 rides and have been tipped THREE times. I usually start my night in University City since its closest to my house, and I really don't expect the UberXLs full of frat dudes to tip, but what about everyone else?? Do you UberXL drivers get tipped on the regular? The rare occasions that I drive for Lyft, I'm getting tips via the app 1/5 times!

Cathi

I usually get about 1 tip each shift and that can range from $1-5. I didn't one get a $20 on a $12 ride but that is definitely an exception.

MiddleClassedOut

The only reason he tipped was he was a first-timer :smile: Then they get email messages saying "tipping is not required"...

So most of my income now comes from Lyft...I'm curious why you don't do Lyft more. I find that with the bonuses and tips (depending on the day, it's 30%-50%, really random) I make $4-5/hr more on Lyft than Uber...But I always switch to Uber on 1.5 surges or higher, as Lyft has really small surge areas and the services are usually (but not always) surging at the same time.

Chris M

As you said, the @@@@@@bag frat boys NEVER tip even when i take 5 people instead of 4. The only time i get a tip is if i stop at WAWA for someone or the person is older than 30.

Imsophilly

Long time lurker, first time poster. Today I was tipped $4 on a 2x surge/7 minute trip by a very nice, first-time Uber passenger. I realized that I have done 247 rides and have been tipped THREE times. I usually start my night in University City since its closest to my house, and I really don't expect the UberXLs full of frat dudes to tip, but what about everyone else?? Do you UberXL drivers get tipped on the regular? The rare occasions that I drive for Lyft, I'm getting tips via the app 1/5 times!

Not often enough. Very sporadic @ best and like some of the others stated already, Uber should change this!