Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Phishing in Greenville SC Area

937 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  kdyrpr 
#1 ·
I just accepted a ride and seconds later a gentleman claiming to be from Uber security called me via the app. He claimed that the right I had accepted have been red flagged in the system for a stolen credit card and told me I should cancel it at no charge to the rider. In addition he told me for my troubles I would be reimbursed $50. He claimed then after that after reviewing my account and showing that I had such high ratings and many compliments that I would be eligible for a bonus of $350. He said the bonus Department was going to send me a text message and that I would need to reply to the text message with my Uber driver email and account password. This is a known phishing scheme for Lyft drivers and many Uber drivers have also been affected please let everyone you know that these folks are trying to gain access to your Uber driver account, and when they do they change your instant pay settings to drain your account. Please stay safe everyone and beware of these kind of scams God bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.