• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

philly rider fare cut

xRacer

Just got an email from Uber saying fare cut starting Friday.

I have gotten less and less ping since we have so many more drivers.

This may be the end if my Uber stint.

uberlady

Started driving in Philly last June. Knew it was inevitable that the price cut was coming. I feel fortunate for the money I made last year. Doubtful I'll see those kinds of weekly totals again.

chuck50

Just received the new Philly rates. Probably will stop driving. There is no (honest and accurate) way to crunch the numbers to make this worthwhile anymore.

In any event, I have noticed that, when I open my rider's app, it still shows the old rates. You don't suppose that Uber...naah, they couldn't be that crave AND stupid, could they?

chi1cabby

Just got an email from Uber saying fare cut starting Friday.

I have gotten less and less ping since we have so many more drivers.

This may be the end if my Uber stint.
Can a Philly Drivers please post the email?
Thanx!

jmillj

The email stated rates would be cut, but that a "round the clock" hourly guarantee would be in effect ($22 for peak hours; $16 for regular hours; as long as you accept 90%, 1 ride per hour, etc.). However, I'm not sure the rates are really changing. When I logged into the app, I was asked to accept the new "partner agreement terms," which showed the exact same pricing that was already in effect.

??????

chi1cabby

Yup, the rates haven't yet changed even though the notice stated effective today. Gave a ride at 6am at regular price.
However, I'm not sure the rates are really changing.
If you could only take Uber's word on one thing, it would be on Rate Cuts.
The New Lower Rates will likely go into effect around noon today, just like in LA last week.
When I logged into the app, I was asked to accept the new "partner agreement terms," which showed the exact same pricing that was already in effect.
This gives Philly Drivers, actually All Drivers, who had to click "I AGREE" to the New Partnership Agreement in order to log into the Driver App
Drivers' Last Chance To Opt-out of Binding Arbitration
https://uberpeople.net/threads/drivers-last-chance-to-opt-out-of-binding-arbitration.11099/

uberlady

Time to throw in the towel. I now get it why drivers are so angry and protesting. I knew this was coming but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Driving 17 minutes to a passenger to make $4? No no. I am done. Shame on you, uber, to treat your drivers this way. The ones that are out there working hard, destroying their cars getting shit on. I'm disgusted.

Nitedriver

Last edited:

Nitedriver

If you could only take Uber's word on one thing, it would be on Rate Cuts.
The New Lower Rates will likely go into effect around noon today, just like in LA last week.

This gives Philly Drivers, actually All Drivers, who had to click "I AGREE" to the New Partnership Agreement in order to log into the Driver App
Drivers' Last Chance To Opt-out of Binding Arbitration
https://uberpeople.net/threads/drivers-last-chance-to-opt-out-of-binding-arbitration.11099/
Just to explain the arb. in general , not Uber related.

The binding arbitration works both ways :

on one hand it protects the companies from frivolous lawsuits on the other hand it takes away all rights of the consumer (it's always included in every credit card application, people don't even realize it , it becomes active even with no agreement after 30days).

chuck50

Time to throw in the towel. I now get it why drivers are so angry and protesting. I knew this was coming but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Driving 17 minutes to a passenger to make $4? No no. I am done. Shame on you, uber, to treat your drivers this way. The ones that are out there working hard, destroying their cars getting shit on. I'm disgusted.
It's only going to "work" for me if I can hit the criteria for the peak hour guarantee. Looks like I'll be only a Friday and Saturday night driver until Uber pulls the guarantees, and then it'll be time to find a new gig.

jsixis

The email stated rates would be cut, but that a "round the clock" hourly guarantee would be in effect ($22 for peak hours; $16 for regular hours; as long as you accept 90%, 1 ride per hour, etc.). However, I'm not sure the rates are really changing. When I logged into the app, I was asked to accept the new "partner agreement terms," which showed the exact same pricing that was already in effect.

??????
even with the $22 guarantee here it is still a 25% cut in pay. Without the guarantee it is 33%>
I work the same areas every week.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IamtheShoe2u New Jersey 8
Antvirus Philadelphia 2
Nitedriver Philadelphia 17