Philadelphia Uber Union

AllmightyBillNye

I figured that uber lot would lead to something. A bunch of drivers, waiting around a bit, with time to kill. I'm surprised no one has been handing out flyers for different things yet.

Where can we get more info about the union? Like how would it benefit us, would lyft drivers be included, etc.

phluber

I stopped by the airport today and left in frustration. For some reason there are way more uber drivers at the airport this week. It was barely worth it before, but it's definitely not worth it now. You're looking at ~1hr wait times (the estimation is bullshit and keeps going back up while you wait). The pings usually go into the city or the hotels around the airport. Half the time you get pings that aren't even at the airport itself and you'll get logged out and lose your place in the queue. You also get @@@@@@@@ who do pool requests so you get logged out if you ignore those too.

I stopped by the airport today and left in frustration. For some reason there are way more uber drivers at the airport this week. It was barely worth it before, but it's definitely not worth it now. You're looking at ~1hr wait times (the estimation is bullshit and keeps going back up while you wait). The pings usually go into the city or the hotels around the airport. Half the time you get pings that aren't even at the airport itself and you'll get logged out and lose your place in the queue. You also get @@@@@@@@ who do pool requests so you get logged out if you ignore those too.
It definitely sucks after a great week last week. I'm better off sitting at home waiting for a ping than sitting in my car all day

Papa Sarducci

Too true, Uber has become a bad joke, idiot programmers in India come up with these brilliant ideas but have no clue how the 'real world' operates.

Pulchra

I total agree. Complete waste of time. Wait just to receive pool request. I refuse to accept any pool fares. When I drop off I just leave unless the wait time shows 10 - 20 minute queue. I have terrible luck trying to get a fare worth the wait. Usually center city drop off netting $12 with no tip.

Shpinzy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Independent Drivers Guild. Go to drivingguild dot org. or text drivepa to 64336 .
They claim they would help uber drivers with:
Deactivation protection
Talk to uber management directly.
Assistence defending unfair traffic violations.
Taxes . road side assist. Etc