Uber Drivers Forum banner

Phantom app update anyone else experiencing this?

986 views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Uber00 
#1 ·
This is the second day in a row that my Driver app is notifying me of a update for my Android phone but when I go to the Google Play Store it tells me otherwise!!!! Anyone else ever experience this? Any remedies?

Ecoregion World Map Font Line

Product Motor vehicle Screenshot Font Gadget

See less See more
#14 ·
Service animals, not pets. To be sure that they are service animals there are two questions you can ask:

1) is that a service animal trained to provide a service for a disability?

2) what service as a trained to do?

Emotional support animals that are not trained to do a specific function, do not count as service animals, and are not covered under the law. There are a couple of dis reputable companies handing out so-called certifications for such animals, but these are bogus.

We do not have to accept pets. We do have to accept service animals. That is a matter of federal law as well as state law although the specifics of each State's laws on the matter very and drivers should make themselves familiar with the laws and their particular state.

#18 ·
I have all my apps set to update manually because I'm tired of having issues and trying to figure out which version work better so I always stick with them until I have an issue I can't handle. The Uber driver app is the only app that I'm forced to update or at least I used to be. Thanks for the info.

#22 · (Edited)
I once cancelled on woman wanting to take a long .87 trip with a large, loose, shaggy hair dog. Way too risky...First, car would be covered in hair. I'm not allergic, but next rider might be allergic or just not like dog smell. Second, what if he clawed seat, crapped/pissed, or attacked me...Would Uber pay my damages?

She told me I was the 3rd driver who refused the trip with the dog. I told her she should do a 1-way car rental, and offered to take her to nearest Enterprise office without dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.