Inshur

Ph offices need to start charging surge at busy times

dark destroyer

Yesterday at 4 pm got a job from Fulham to moorfields eye hospital . 16 quid-20per cent to the office . Took 1 hour 23 mins . Next job soho to sw7 at 630 11 quid minus fee took 50 mins.so I had worked 3 1/2 hours for 20 quid. Surely at peak times they need surge as flat price doesn't work with crazy rush hour traffic

I know not what I do

Yesterday at 4 pm got a job from Fulham to moorfields eye hospital . 16 quid-20per cent to the office . Took 1 hour 23 mins . Next job soho to sw7 at 630 11 quid minus fee took 50 mins.so I had worked 3 1/2 hours for 20 quid. Surely at peak times they need surge as flat price doesn't work with crazy rush hour traffic
It's about 3 miles from soho to sw7. They could have walked faster.
Fare in uber x would be 2.50 + 50x 0.15 + 3x1.25=
£13.75.
If you don't like it get proper job or don't work rush hour- less traffic for rest of us.

Jack Dunphy

Soho to SW7 50 minutes ? what did you do give the pax a piggy back ?

London's Finest

Don't worry mate, with Uber gone, all the PH offices will be able to charge the proper going rate, bar stewards are killing it for you.

Amb

You need a new satnav asap! First job 50min max and then why would you drive Empty to soho from EC1 for your second job?Even from Soho sq to South ken Station shouldn't have taken 50min for the second job. You need a New office which pays a better rate.

Volkswaber

Take out the rent £200 : 7 = £28 daily + £3/4 fuel for 3h work and all you expenses. You did 3 hours for free! but it's not your fault, many Ph offices they lie! they will tell you we charge more than Uber bla bla bla.... we are busy, we do this!...we do that! and than when you give them your £150 deposit, you will end up waiting 2h to get the first job, a couple of rubish jobs for peanuts, after you will wait:frown: and wait:eek: and wait:mad: until they will send you to pick up from airport. At the airport you have to go to meet the customer at arrival, and you will have to pay the parking from that 20 quid. To go and come back from airport you need £4/5 fuel. That is why airport pick up should be £80 - 20% - £4 fuel - £7 parking = £53 for 2/3h job as you can see £80 for airport is nothing!!!

Last edited:

Syloti_ba

U
Once upon a time there was a company called uber they used to charge pence...all gone lol

babasanfur

That's a strategy they wants you to leave the office without telling you to
Advice find another office

Volkswaber

You guys talk as if the knowledge could make your cars fly ,then how on earth do I see black cabbies sitting behind me in trafic al the time????
The nice thing about KOL you can ask £140 for Gatwick instead of £45, and when the road is close you know how find better way. You don't need SatNav in Central London. But if the traffic is bad they have to sit next to us and be quiet.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

London's Finest

The nice thing about KOL you can ask £140 for Gatwick instead of £45, and when the road is close you know how find better way. You don't need SatNav in Central London. But if the traffic is bad they have to sit next to us and be quiet.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
They're opening up bus lanes to us all the time so might be a little less time spent sitting next to you. We'll see but you're right about Gatwick.

dark destroyer

Best thing was the comment from the customer as I was banging my head in despair around soho square trying to get across oxford street... I don't use uber at peak times as it can be pricey prefer fixed rate ph. By the way prepaid by card so no tip