Wow.

I remember when it was 117.9.

43L (prius) - £50.697

£4.3 per fill up extra.

2 fill ups a week. £8.6

52 week - £447.2 extra on fuel.

This is on a prius aswell.

Imagine other cars 7 seaters etc.

Any fuel cards or points to reduce petrol prices?!

Grumpy Old Man

I have seen them go up up and up.

127.9 at BP & Shell.
43L (prius) - £54.997

Wow.

I remember when it was 117.9.

43L (prius) - £50.697

£4.3 per fill up extra.

2 fill ups a week. £8.6

52 week - £447.2 extra on fuel.

This is on a prius aswell.

Imagine other cars 7 seaters etc.

Any fuel cards or points to reduce petrol prices?!
I remember when petrol was seven and six a gallon, (that's 37.5 pence) to you young people.
Equivalent to £1.20 per litre, not much has changed there, but back then a weeks wages was twenty quid.
Equivalent to three hundred quid today...You guys don't know you're born.

Shane Sheikh

1.20£ filled yesterday.

Morrisons
If it’s your own car I don’t recommend supermarket fuel. Only use the supreme/v power as we are filling up 2-3 times a week compared to normal users. You think you might be saving but your fuel pump and lines will get clogged. Then you will have to fork out more.

Think some people use them additives but just save hassle and use premium fuel

Fostel

If it’s your own car I don’t recommend supermarket fuel. Only use the supreme/v power as we are filling up 2-3 times a week compared to normal users. You think you might be saving but your fuel pump and lines will get clogged. Then you will have to fork out more.

Think some people use them additives but just save hassle and use premium fuel
What does a user manual say? Regular or Premium?
I would stick to that.

deesto

What does a user manual say? Regular or Premium?
I would stick to that.

I can confirm that I get more miles (from 380 to - > 450) out of a full tank on the premium on my vehicle (no myth, real figures here). However, the extra £10-15 always outweighs the little mileage return (50-70 miles extra at most). So, it is regular fuel, and Premium is never worth it for me if you do these maths.

Last edited:

UberLuxbod

Was in Costco today.

121.7 for unleaded.

128.7 for diesel.

Buy 4 500ml bottles of Redex from the shop and away you go.

I think Tesco was 132.9 for diesel, didn't make a note of petrol price

deesto

I can't fit Redex in my vehicle. It's one of the new types, where the hole is covered up by a valve that only opens when a fuel nozzle opens it up. To fill it up with Redex, i need a funnel :biggrin:. So I stopped using it as well - too much hassle! And I assume that's also because they don't want you to be adding anything else other than diesel. But good to know Costco does fuel!

I can only see them at Lakeside Thurrock (as the nearest to London), so for someone living elsewhere, Costco fuel it's not really an option O;-)!

Last edited:

UberLuxbod

I can't fit Redex in my vehicle. It's one of the new types, where the hole is covered up by a valve that only opens when a fuel nozzle opens it up. To fill it up with Redex, i need a funnel :biggrin:. So I stopped using it as well - too much hassle! And I assume that's also because they don't want you to be adding anything else other than diesel. But good to know Costco does fuel!

I can only see them at Lakeside Thurrock (as the nearest to London), so for someone living elsewhere, Costco fuel it's not really an option O;-)!
Unfortunately I think Thurrock is the only one in London at the moment.

My Jag had the misfuel system the same as Fords do, I could get Redex in with some fiddling.

But more often I was adding JLM DPF cleaner!

I don’t know how the additive package stacks up on Costco diesel which is why I use an additive.

Costco also does good quality microfibres, thick rubber Michelin floor mats and wiper blades.

Decent price on oil aswell, I got Castrol 5w30 LL oil for a mates Skoda for £28 for 4 litres which was the cheapest I could find.

I am looking at joining Bookers aswell to see
how prices compare