Perth uber black drivers getting ripped off

Why is it in Sydney Uber Black charges $2.90 a km/$1 per minute and the min fare is 25$.

Why are we always getting the short end of the stick over here? Espicially since cost of living in Perth is one of the highest in the world?

After all my costs are deducted, Im practically making bugger all,

Last week I pulled 1.2K net uber paid into my owner's account,

70/30 split

I get $840 and owner gets $360

Fuel cost me about 200$ + my own vehicle to drive to his house for changeover add another 50$.

My own water + mints + carwash an extra 20$

Gst Im not sure is it of my 840$ or the full 1200$? Lets say 100$ approx GST

Income tax say about 200$

So basically 570$ goes out the door and Im left with 270$ cash my net profit. Working for 6 nights.

How on earth are you guys making money?

Im gona go on a limb here and say most of you are dodging the taxman and not paying gst/income

This is the same scam like uberX. After I paid all my dues I was left with peanuts!

Uber if you are reading this may I suggest my new rates,

UberX $1.50 km min fare 15$

UberBlack 3$ km min fare 30$

UberLux 4.50$ km min fare 35$

RICH PPL CAN AFFORD TO PAY MORE!

If you cant afford a ride then walk, catch the bus, go on the train. Not my problem, work harder.

For how much longer are we gona subsidise riders prices?

These rates are just too cheap! Great for uber, passenger and the taxman!

The driver gets screwed over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog

Dude. You just had everyone on here telling you it isn't viable and now you're complaining when they're right?

Get a normal job, minimum wage in Australia is like $21-22... Work a normal job and you'll earn more but of course you don't want to because Uber is the easiest job in the world and you can easily work 12 hours and it feels like you've done five..

Yeah the pay sucks as a full time driver, guess what.. Like people have said, it's not a full time job.. It's a supplement job to your main income

everytime someone complains about pay I just think of people that want to lose weight, they know what they have to do to achieve the end result but they don't want to do the hard work, they want a easy, little effort as possible way to do it

TrexG

Wth!???

Mate are you normal?! You wanted to buy a brand new caprice yesterday but all of a sudden had this revelation today? lol. How did you think it's a good idea ???!!!

As doggy said, go get a proper job, do some course get some qualifications if you have none, uber isn't viable and not gonna get you anywhere, you're better off everywhere else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And another joke, a Tesla model S classifies as an Uber LUX vehicle, how?

Have you guys seen the insides of the tesla?

Yeah its a technologicaly advanced car but the interior is all hard plastics and cheap leather.

Nothing about the tesla shouts luxury.

Audi S8 thats nice luxury, a Mercedes Maybach thats great luxury, a Rolls Royce Phantom thats top notch luxury. Not a tesla ...

Btw for those who dont know, UberLUX is the highest quality service that you can request.

@ 4.50$ km youd expect the best

Instyle

If your on UberBLACK chances are you can legally source your own work through advertising and other firms like GPU.

Impenetrouble

There are already too many drivers for the work available.
If rates go up, some people will stop using the service, resulting in a drop in available work.
If the rates go up, prospective drivers will be more likely to sign up, and current ones more likely to go/stay online.... resulting in a drop in available work.

The joys of supply and demand. The only way a rate rise will truly benefit drivers is if we are also restricted in either hours we can work, or overall signups.

HumungousDill

m gona go on a limb here and say most of you are dodging the taxman and not paying gst/income tax?
No one can dodge the taxman, except Uber who are above the law and lack common decency. Get used to the fact that YOU will be paying the GST on Uber's cut.
PS Welcome to the party.

LevelX

Why is it in Sydney Uber Black charges $2.90 a km/$1 per minute and the min fare is 25$.
Sydney rates are higher in general, higher UberX rates are higher too, compared to WA/VIC. So UberBlack is following this trend.

Cost of living is 'cheaper' in WA or so they say etc.

After all my costs are deducted, Im practically making bugger all
WOW dude, lucky you didn't buy that $50k car hey?

Hold on... Back up, you don't know what your GST requirements are? Oh dude.... You need to put 1/11 of your TOTAL fare (before uber commission) away for GST (minus any GST inputs you have)

Just hope your 30% split comes with a tax invoice so you can claim GST input credits.

again, lucky you didn't buy that $50k car..... hey?!

Geely Gangster

"and owner gets $360" in 10 weeks time you could have bought a mighty Geely from China and be driving Uber X and not paying out any money to a owner! LOL Buy a cheap car and just drive Uber X part time and go get a real job.

haldriver

If rates go up, some people will stop using the service, resulting in a drop in available work.
If the rates go up, prospective drivers will be more likely to sign up, and current ones more likely to go/stay online.... resulting in a drop in available work.
This is market force Reece Waldcock was talking about in other thread. As long there are drivers prepared to work for less there will be no money in Uber. There are 1 Billion potential Uber drivers earning 40 cent and hour just waiting to join UBER Australia.

Sydney rates are higher in general, higher UberX rates are higher too, compared to WA/VIC. So UberBlack is following this trend.
Uber rates right around Australia are based on a proportion of what Taxi rates were when they started. Now Uber rates have reduced by about same amount in every city to destroy competition.
Uber drivers earn less but Uber gets bigger proportion of market so makes the same.

kuna

Why are we always getting the short end of the stick over here? Espicially since cost of living in Perth is one of the highest in the world?

After all my costs are deducted, Im practically making bugger all,

Last week I pulled 1.2K net uber paid into my owner's account,

70/30 split

I get $840 and owner gets $360

Fuel cost me about 200$ + my own vehicle to drive to his house for changeover add another 50$.

My own water + mints + carwash an extra 20$

Income tax say about 200$

So basically 570$ goes out the door and Im left with 270$ cash my net profit. Working for 6 nights.

How on earth are you guys making money?

Im gona go on a limb here and say most of you are dodging the taxman and not paying gst/income tax?

This is the same scam like uberX. After I paid all my dues I was left with peanuts!

Uber if you are reading this may I suggest my new rates,

UberX $1.50 km min fare 15$

UberBlack 3$ km min fare 30$

UberLux 4.50$ km min fare 35$

RICH PPL CAN AFFORD TO PAY MORE!

If you cant afford a ride then walk, catch the bus, go on the train. Not my problem, work harder.

For how much longer are we gona subsidise riders prices?

The driver gets screwed over.
Whats with you dude? You come here, post your bugger all threads and all. Doesn't even sound legit to me. Yesterday it was something and now it is something else. Look before you Leap. Same applies for all including myself. We all are in this shit. So nothing what you posted surprises me.

Last edited by a moderator:

fields

I think Mr caprice is a bit off with his figures. If he makes AUD$520 gross but after expenses, his tax would not be $200, more like AUD$35. For 6 days driving that's AUD$485 not AUD$270.

Why are Sydney rates higher than in Perth? I am not so sure they are. In Sydney more time is spend in traffic where a driver is earning only the per minute rate rather than the km and per minute rate. Of course in Sydney it is busier so you spend less time vacant. The solution though is obvious. Do both Uber Black and UberX. I realise Mr Caprice doesn't enjoy driving the hoi polloi around town but at the end of the day his day driver makes twice as much doing both. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Last edited: