People making $250+ per day - how do you do it?

Yallapapi

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here.

So I am one of the "new" drivers, started a little over a week ago. I did 95 trips during my first full week and got platinum status. That said, I feel like I didn't make nearly as much as some of you on here and am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Basically what I was doing was starting in Brentwood where I live around 7 am when the boost starts, going for a few hours and then driving for a few more in the evening. I do average about 7 hours/day uber time, not actual car time. Friday and Saturday I did a bit more nighttime driving.

Just saw a post from keke where he made $300 in something like 8 hours of driving on August 1. Would love to know how to get close to that. Is that with lux or select or something or just uberx?

Not sure what the procedure is on here for discussing strategies but any tips are definitely appreciated. Thanks!

Tedgey

So I am one of the "new" drivers, started a little over a week ago. I did 95 trips during my first full week and got platinum status. That said, I feel like I didn't make nearly as much as some of you on here and am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Basically what I was doing was starting in Brentwood where I live around 7 am when the boost starts, going for a few hours and then driving for a few more in the evening. I do average about 7 hours/day uber time, not actual car time. Friday and Saturday I did a bit more nighttime driving.

Just saw a post from keke where he made $300 in something like 8 hours of driving on August 1. Would love to know how to get close to that. Is that with lux or select or something or just uberx?

Not sure what the procedure is on here for discussing strategies but any tips are definitely appreciated. Thanks!
Do what you did last week this week. Then next week you'll know how to do it.

Seriously, the first week you don't get paid nuthin unless you get a bunch of surge money. But if you're willing to put in the hours the surge money is called boost money. And you don't have to find it because it finds you. So get your 90 rides this week and you'll see it reflected in your pay automatically

Tedgey

You won't make crap until driving on Platinum, and doing it about 6 weeks ago. Its much lower now.

I've had several $300+ days lately, but it's not easy. Right place, right time, and lots of luck.
Why do you have to be right place right time if you're platinum. You're getting 2.2 down to 1.8 on every ride. You're not getting that much consistently with surge money

OCuber

Keke drives like a girl.

Western Warrior

It's like playing poker. We all have the same odd at the drawing a good hand (in Gubering a good ping). But it's manipulating all the fine details that are in your control such as accepting, location, re-positioning, understanding and anticipating surge, playing the boost/incentives etc that will separate Kekelo from the average Guber driver.

LA Dispatcher

You should make about double of what you made last week if you put in the same effort. Just accept everything and do as many rides as possible in the core. Night time platinum driving has it's advantages since you cover more ground in less time. Work ethic is most important thing if you have platinum.

Tedgey

It's like playing poker. We all have the same odd at the drawing a good hand (in Gubering a good ping). But it's manipulating all the fine details that are in your control such as accepting, location, re-positioning, understanding and anticipating surge, playing the boost/incentives etc that will separate Kekelo from the average Guber driver.
And just like going to the Bike Club, you're going to have to slug it out with me to get the money!

UberIsAllFubared

Tedgey is right, the great thing about Incentive is it finds you.

Got to get a metal status, or really work the surge, but that means Friday and Saturday night and early morning. I was only Gold last week, but still managed to get almost $200 in surge alone.

You just gotta drive drive drive. Drive smart. Think about where people would be going. If you live in Brentwood, I would even try to get some surge rides to LAX at around 4 to 5am. Then just keep riding the surge, until the metal time starts at 7am.

Yallapapi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I want to clarify that I am already platinum status.. Got it for this week.

But what you guys are saying is to just keep driving?

UberIsAllFubared

Do a 10-12 hour day, not uber time, which doesn't count the time you turn off the app, just actual time. If you are platinum status, just drive the guarantee times. You are already in the core, so you don't have to dead mile it there.

Tedgey

So I want to clarify that I am already platinum status.. Got it for this week.

But what you guys are saying is to just keep driving?
Yeah pretty much. Make sure you're driving in the time they have listed on the thing they sent you but 2.0× boost is pretty good pay really.

Now we didn't really cover what time you were working to get all these rides and where you got them from. You're kinda in the NW corner of core L.A. so make sure you stay within it for the boost money. And if you're struggling in the middle of the day to find rides I'd suggest opening up the pax app and just driving to where the fewest ants are. There really aren't any dead areas within core L.A. so if there are no ants around you then you'll ping soon enough. And you'll get paid like it's a 2.0× surge.

tohunt4me

Attachments