• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

People in San Francisco drive for .54 cents a mile!

gd6

It's obviously not profitable, which is why it's marketed as a carpooling app. Just meant to give you a few extra bucks on your way to work. Pretty smart if you ask me, many people aren't interested in driving for a living but would be willing to take a pax if it genuinely wasn't out of the way.

Last edited:

Subjugator

I heard something like this from Google. It basically grab book someone to take them to work on your way to work. Not really any profit either way.

Too Many Miles

Waze has been testing it's new ride sharing platform and apparently people are lining up to drive for .54 cents a mile in SF. Waze plans on taking an additional 15 percent fee from the .54 cents per mile!!! Apparently it was a success in the bay area and now they are bringing it to other cities!!! Full story here https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/google-waze-ride-sharing-expansion/
They have been testing it for a while, it is supposed to be a real ride sharing service, not a "for profit service". Another reason why Uber is not happy with Google.
Driver'side only get 2 trips per day, they link you white someone going in the same direction to work and from work.

New Member 0001365427

Race to the bottom
Started from the bottom now still here
Started from the bottom now the whole team here

I heard something like this from Google. It basically grab book someone to take them to work on your way to work. Not really any profit either way.
I see it as subsidizing my ride to work. But then again I see weird stuff that doesn't make sense to a logical person

Thinking outside the skull

UberLaLa

I've always said, well okay - thought - the driverless car world belongs to the Navigation Companies.

ajcadoo

It's not a Rideshare/TNC service. It is strictly carpooling. And there is a two-trip limit per day. Completely different.

tohunt4me

Waze has been testing it's new ride sharing platform and apparently people are lining up to drive for .54 cents a mile in SF. Waze plans on taking an additional 15 percent fee from the .54 cents per mile!!! Apparently it was a success in the bay area and now they are bringing it to other cities!!! Full story here https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/22/google-waze-ride-sharing-expansion/
We must find them and burn them alive !

S
Started from the bottom now still here
Started from the bottom now the whole team here

I see it as subsidizing my ride to work. But then again I see weird stuff that doesn't make sense to a logical person

Thinking outside the skull
Tarted from the bottom,now you've dug a hole.

UberLaLa

With this option available people are going to start thinking of riding around in poo as being a premium service
Snooty nosed co-worker says: Oh, I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those Waze rides. I mean come on, that's for commoners. Oh my god, did I tell you about the nice duck I met in my UberPool this morning...so suave and debonair he was. All 4 of us different riders just swooned over him...