• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

People are still driving for Uber?

Fishchris

Hey aside from all the doubters here, im totally open to trying Amazon. I cant imagine it being any less profitable than my Uber driving for $10 an hour here in Sac.

So can you, or anyone here, tell me when Amazon Flex or Prime will actually be up and running in Sac ???
I know that Amazon finally got a bunch of stuff straight with the state of Ca, which allowed them to start up business here, they just need to get the warehouses up and running.... And last minute business stuff
But when ???

Hunt to Eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey aside from all the doubters here, im totally open to trying Amazon. I cant imagine it being any less profitable than my Uber driving for $10 an hour here in Sac.

So can you, or anyone here, tell me when Amazon Flex or Prime will actually be up and running in Sac ???
I know that Amazon finally got a bunch of stuff straight with the state of Ca, which allowed them to start up business here, they just need to get the warehouses up and running.... And last minute business stuff
But when ???
Chris - I really hope this works out for you. As driving gigs go, Amazon runs full loops around U/L.

They can't make friends with everyone...
They can't? Why?

flexian

You're making it sound like I command some some special pull.
i'm not making it sound like anything other than what it is, so 'special pull' it is

at least now i have something new to call it

When I abandoned my Prime shift of Saturday, I only did so at the request of the Amazon personnel who were looking for Flex drivers. No, I didn't get free money, I was extended the courtesy of a premium for my willingness to help out in a moment of strife. Again, nothing special here.
of course that is special - the typical way of getting drivers is to ship out blocks via the app

u know that, u know i know that, what good does it do to pretend otherwise?

I'm just a guy signing up for a job, who then shows up to honor the commitment. That's all I'm doing. My only "talent" here is putting myself in the path of opportunity, but anyone who has a job has already done that anyway, so that's nothing magical.
for the record, i never once described what u are doing as a "talent"

using political pull to pre-empt others - ones operating non-sociopathically within the bounds of the system - is always unseemly, never talented

Fubernuber

Like with everything Amazon does, it starts off awesome, then they "Uber" you by cutting the rates and payment calculations until you're making next to nothing. You can't trust Amazon.
The best and most accurate comment ever. I know nothing about amazon delivery but i do know amazon is an evil vile company ruled by a ghoul

Jbanks93

Can y
Once I fully grasped how dangerous it is driving strangers around in my personal car with very flimsy JR insurance, I quit working for Uber and Lyft and I now drive for Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Flex. I get better pay, better hours, and far fewer headaches. Here's why driving for Amazon s superior to driving for U/L...
  • Packages don't talk your ear off
  • Packages don't throw up in your car
  • Packages don't slam your doors
  • Packages don't down-rate you
  • Packages don't care what route you take
  • Packages don't ask to go through the drive-thru
  • Packages never slap around a driver
  • Packages never have to be pepper sprayed
  • Packages don't make you car smell like lamb vindaloo and naan
  • Packages don't care how fast you corner or how hard your brake
  • Packages never tell you, "I'll be right down," then make you wait 15 minutes
  • Packages never tell you to change the radio station
  • Packages don't fall asleep in the middle of giving you directions
  • Packages don't track snow, mud, and leaves into your car
  • Packages never ask for an aux cord, mints, or water
  • Packages don't care if you light up a cigarette or a j
  • Packages don't care if you take a rough road short cut
  • Packages don't care if you burn a little rubber at the stop light
  • Packages don't care how messy your car is or how awful it smells
  • Packages don't leave wrappers, bottles, and cans in your car
  • Packages never berate a driver for driving manual transmission
  • Packages never steal your aux cord
  • Packages never ask for a charger
ou twl

Can you tell me about renting car for uber can you use the Turo car sharing app? I can't afford to do enterprise or hertz Bc that deposit the require!

Hunt to Eat

Can y

ou twl

Can you tell me about renting car for uber can you use the Turo car sharing app? I can't afford to do enterprise or hertz Bc that deposit the require!
To the best of my knowledge, all standard rental car contracts exclude livery usage for the vehicle.

Jbanks93

Please be more specfic?
[/QUOTE]

Kinda I rather use the Turo car app for renting cars! And one more thing I'm going to get another car an 04 or higher but the issue is I need to make a few bucks to put down payment on car!

Hunt to Eat

i'm not making it sound like anything other than what it is, so 'special pull' it is

at least now i have something new to call it

of course that is special - the typical way of getting drivers is to ship out blocks via the app

u know that, u know i know that, what good does it do to pretend otherwise?

for the record, i never once described what u are doing as a "talent"

using political pull to pre-empt others - ones operating non-sociopathically within the bounds of the system - is always unseemly, never talented
Being asked to help out and then accepting the challenge of a longer shift is sociopathic behavior? You sure 'bout that? You have some weird optics when it comes to diagnosing psychoses, we will agree. Seems your dictionary is broken or your psych text is waaaayy out of date.

But look, son, the bottom line is that if you don't get out there and hustle and make friends, you're just not going to accomplish much...anywhere.

There, now you can live with that, can't you?

Last edited:

Jbanks93

Steve may I ask ya something can you tell me this? Can you use the Turo app to rent a car to drive for uber?

ChortlingCrison

Being asked to help out and then accepting the challenge of a longer shift is sociopathic behavior? You sure 'bout that? You have some weird optics when it comes to diagnosing psychoses, we will agree. Seems your dictionary is broken or your psych text is waaaayy out of date.

But look, son, the bottom line is that if you don't get out there and hustle and make friends, you're just not going to accomplish much...anywhere.

There, now you can live with that, can't you?
I'm certain "The Desert Driver" can. Especially after 40 days in the desert.

Shangsta

its not possible to make $74 in wages for a 2-hr block doing Prime now, never been done

$74 incl tips for 2 hrs makes more sense, even a little on the high side, but not impossible

i see no reason to jack w ppl's expectations

flex is a very very hard way to make an easy buck
He's full of shit. Amazon 4 hour blocks aren't 74 dollars

Did you not say that they called you rather then allow the normal scheduling through the app? Do they call all their flex drivers when they feel the demand is required?
LOL amazon definitely doesn't call him. Amazon is very strict about having contractors and not employees. They got sues in Seattle over this.

Nothing worse than company Schills who come on this site and BS people

MrA

But when ???
Amazon Flex has been up and running since last fall in Sac. https://flex.amazon.com
Every couple of weeks they send a reserved 2-4 hour block. Any thing else is random. Very inconsistent. Prime Now is the Amazon service that delivers the packages within 3 hours of ordering. Flex is the drivers delivering the packages. It isn't worth doing. There are very few Amazon employees. They have a few people scheduling blocks and gathering orders together. Most of the deliveries are going to Scoobeez drivers. Flex driver's get the overflow, just a fill in.

Last edited:

PrestonT

This sounds interesting to me. Is Amazon something I can do in late evening hours, or is this strictly a daytime hours gig?