• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

People are still driving for Uber?

Hunt to Eat

Once I fully grasped how dangerous it is driving strangers around in my personal car with very flimsy JR insurance, I quit working for Uber and Lyft and I now drive for Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Flex. I get better pay, better hours, and far fewer headaches. Here's why driving for Amazon s superior to driving for U/L...
  • Packages don't talk your ear off
  • Packages don't throw up in your car
  • Packages don't slam your doors
  • Packages don't down-rate you
  • Packages don't care what route you take
  • Packages don't ask to go through the drive-thru
  • Packages never slap around a driver
  • Packages never have to be pepper sprayed
  • Packages don't make you car smell like lamb vindaloo and naan
  • Packages don't care how fast you corner or how hard your brake
  • Packages never tell you, "I'll be right down," then make you wait 15 minutes
  • Packages never tell you to change the radio station
  • Packages don't fall asleep in the middle of giving you directions
  • Packages don't track snow, mud, and leaves into your car
  • Packages never ask for an aux cord, mints, or water
  • Packages don't care if you light up a cigarette or a j
  • Packages don't care if you take a rough road short cut
  • Packages don't care if you burn a little rubber at the stop light
  • Packages don't care how messy your car is or how awful it smells
  • Packages don't leave wrappers, bottles, and cans in your car
  • Packages never berate a driver for driving manual transmission
  • Packages never steal your aux cord
  • Packages never ask for a charger

Fishchris

First off "danger" is WAAAY less of a consideration to me, than is $$$ !

And I have ride share insurance.

But now, considering that you sound like a sales rep for Amazon, where are you from ???
I actually filled out the required online forms for Amazon Prime and Flex in Sacramento, however, i believe they are just now getting their systems here up and running..... Building a wherehouse and such, so i dont know how long it might be before they are actually hiring drivers.

Thanks for the encouraging words on driving for Amazon tbough. Anxious to try it.

Hunt to Eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First off "danger" is WAAAY less of a consideration to me, than is $$$ !

And I have ride share insurance.

But now, considering that you sound like a sales rep for Amazon, where are you from ???
I actually filled out the required online forms for Amazon Prime and Flex in Sacramento, however, i believe they are just now getting their systems here up and running..... Building a wherehouse and such, so i dont know how long it might be before they are actually hiring drivers.

Thanx for thr encouraging words on driving for Amazon driving tbough. Anxious to try it.
Good call on the insurance. When I was still driving for U/L I carried a livery policy - very wise move.

I live in Phx and we have a very robust Amazon presence here. No, I'm not an Amazon rep. That's a silly notion. I own and operate three business of my own. When you can, ditch U/L and get to Amazon. You'll thank me for the advice.

Southdiver

Once I fully grasped how dangerous it is driving strangers around in my personal car with very flimsy JR insurance, I quit working for Uber and Lyft and I now drive for Amazon Prime Now and Amazon Flex. I get better pay, better hours, and far fewer headaches. Here's why driving for Amazon s superior to driving for U/L...
Amazon Prime Now is available in 28 cities and Flex is available in 2 cities. So, if I personally decided to start driving for both of them, I would not be driving at all.

Hunt to Eat

Amazon Prime Now is available in 28 cities and Flex is available in 2 cities. So, if I personally decided to start driving for both of them, I would not be driving at all.
That's so sad because as gig work goes, Amazon's offering put the U/L option right into the crapper. A lot of Amazon drivers start out with U/L, then do both Amazon and U/L, then leave U/L entirely after a few weeks. Hauling packages is soooo much more rewarding than hauling drunken swine, I gotta say.

steveK2016

Might be nice in Phoenix during the winter, but if I want to haul around packages full time in the summer heat, and Georgia humidity, I might as well become a UPS Driver for $30 an hour and I don't have to drive my own vehicle around, full medical and paid vacation.

Last edited:

Shangsta

That's so sad because as gig work goes, Amazon's offering put the U/L option right into the crapper. A lot of Amazon drivers start out with U/L, then do both Amazon and U/L, then leave U/L entirely after a few weeks. Hauling packages is soooo much more rewarding than hauling drunken swine, I gotta say.
Weird on the amazon boardo on uber people there are plenty of drivers complaining about an inability to get blocks.

While I drive flex. I can make more with Uber depending on the time of day. Rush hour surge I can make 30 an hour minimum compared to 18 on amazon.

That's a silly notion. I own and operate three business of my own
Sure you do. That's why you do Uber lfy and amazon...

SEAL Team 5

• Packages never tip just like pax

Hunt to Eat

• Packages never tip just like pax
Not exactly correct. The packages don't tip because the boxes have no pockets for a wallet or cash. However, when you drive for Amazon PrimeNow tips are built in. So, last Saturday I drove for two hours, make $74 in wages and was paid $28 in tips. Not too shabby for a 120 minutes of labor!

flexian

Not exactly correct. The packages don't tip because the boxes have no pockets for a wallet or cash. However, when you drive for Amazon PrimeNow tips are built in. So, last Saturday I drove for two hours, make $74 in wages and was paid $28 in tips. Not too shabby for a 120 minutes of labor!
its not possible to make $74 in wages for a 2-hr block doing Prime now, never been done

$74 incl tips for 2 hrs makes more sense, even a little on the high side, but not impossible

i see no reason to jack w ppl's expectations

flex is a very very hard way to make an easy buck

Grahamcracker

I got deactivated from Amazon Prime when a package reported me for refusing to take it's service package.

The messed up part about it was, I never even signed up for Amazon Prime and WTF is a service package? I never even heard of this before.

#nothingtotalkabout #trollin

Hunt to Eat

Weird on the amazon boardo on uber people there are plenty of drivers complaining about an inability to get blocks.

While I drive flex. I can make more with Uber depending on the time of day. Rush hour surge I can make 30 an hour minimum compared to 18 on amazon.

Sure you do. That's why you do Uber lfy and amazon...
Yeah, I drive for relaxation and rejuvenation. I'm a car guy when I'm not a consultant or landlord. So, when I learned I could make a little extra cash by hauling people and/or freight, I figured why not? If I'm running my car anyway, why not make a little lunch money for the kiddos, right? So, that's what I do. How 'bout you? Do you own your own business, too? How many do you own? Are you a sole proprietor?

And these blokes who say they can't get blocks clearly have not figured out how to operate within Amazon. Lately, I'm getting more blocks than I've been able to accept, but I drive for both Prime and Flex, so that helps my odds.

its not possible to make $74 in wages for a 2-hr block doing Prime now, never been done

$74 incl tips for 2 hrs makes more sense, even a little on the high side, but not impossible

i see no reason to jack w ppl's expectations

flex is a very very hard way to make an easy buck
Not true. I was on a four-hour Prime shift. Two hours in I got asked to start delivering for Amazon Flex. I got paid for the full four hours on Prime, then went over to Flex and pulled another five hours. Pretty sweet!

And once you get good at Flex, you can usually complete a four-hour shift in 2.5 to 3 hours. Yes, I hustle my ass when I'm out there, and that's probably why I do better than most at this gig.

Might be nice in Phoenix during the winter, but if I want to haul around packages full time in the summer heat, and Georgia humidity, I might as well become a UPS Driver for $30 an hour and I don't have to drive my own vehicle around, full medical and paid vacation.
I think you should consider doing that, actually. I can't because I have three other businesses to run when I'm not driving.

flexian

Not true. I was on a four-hour Prime shift. Two hours in I got asked to start delivering for Amazon Flex. I got paid for the full four hours on Prime, then went over to Flex and pulled another five hours. Pretty sweet!
so u have two accounts and or two phones? do primenow and logistics all deliver out of the same wh?

either way ur situation is incredibly unique; there are ppl who were deactivated for doing prime now and flex as the same person, much less during the same hourly time period

again, no reason to jack w ppl's expectations, theres no value in luring ppl on board who dont have a good read on the gig for what it is

Last edited:

Hunt to Eat

so u have two accounts and or two phones? do primenow and logistics all deliver out of the same wh?

either way ur situation is incredibly unique; there are ppl who were deactivated for doing prime now and flex as the same person, much less during the same hourly time period

again, no reason to jack w ppl's expectations, theres no value in luring ppl on board who dont have a good read on the gig for what it is
No, I do not have two accounts or two phones. What I have are strong relationships with the personnel at the Prime and Flex fulfillment centers. I originally worked for Flex, then I moved to Prime. Given that I have experience with both modes, I make sure to keep in the good graces of the folks at both fulfillment centers. I wouldn't say my situation is unique by any stretch of the imagination. The only trick is making sure you have friends in both worlds, that's all. I suppose what's unique is my ability to place myself in the path of opportunity, but anyone can do that.

flexian

What I have are strong relationships with the personnel at the Prime and Flex fulfillment centers.
ok, but not everyone has those strong relationships - being in a band of buddies isn't exactly how most ppl see their work environment, and wont be able to instantly relate to them like that

ppl will feel misled if there are hidden expectations to be able to succeed at the gig, thats all im saying

FL_Dex

Like with everything Amazon does, it starts off awesome, then they "Uber" you by cutting the rates and payment calculations until you're making next to nothing. You can't trust Amazon.

Hunt to Eat

ok, but not everyone has those strong relationships - being in a band of buddies isn't exactly how most ppl see their work environment, and wont be able to instantly relate to them like that

ppl will feel misled if there are hidden expectations to be able to succeed at the gig, thats all im saying
Oh, come on! Seriously? It's not that hard to make friends. Just introduce yourself and show interest in the other person's qualities. That's all I do. It's amazing how positively people respond when someone shows even the slightest interest in their endeavours. I don't have any magic or special connections. I just talk to people. Anyone can do that. No hidden expectations here - just things we do every day anyway.

Like with everything Amazon does, it starts off awesome, then they "Uber" you by cutting the rates and payment calculations until you're making next to nothing. You can't trust Amazon.
Ya know, I was fearful of that happening, too, but so far Amazon has not yet uberfied itself. I'm remaining realistic about what the future may (or may not) hold, but I can dump this gig in the ashcan just as quickly as I picked it up if need be. This is just community service for me anyway, so I'm not really too emotionally invested in this thing.

flexian

No hidden expectations here - just things we do every day anyway.
ur results are extraordinarily unique, i still cant get over what ur agenda is to make it seem otherwise

most ppl would be deactivated for no-show-ing for the 2nd half of a 4-hr prime now block, u get extra responsibility and free money

ok, i know what it is.....how do i say this....

do u bond w/the supervisors over Tom Hanks movies?

steveK2016

Oh, come on! Seriously? It's not that hard to make friends. Just introduce yourself and show interest in the other person's qualities. That's all I do. It's amazing how positively people respond when someone shows even the slightest interest in their endeavours. I don't have any magic or special connections. I just talk to people. Anyone can do that. No hidden expectations here - just things we do every day anyway.

Ya know, I was fearful of that happening, too, but so far Amazon has not yet uberfied itself. I'm remaining realistic about what the future may (or may not) hold, but I can dump this gig in the ashcan just as quickly as I picked it up if need be. This is just community service for me anyway, so I'm not really too emotionally invested in this thing.
They can't make friends with everyone...

Hunt to Eat

ur results are extraordinarily unique, i still cant get over what ur agenda is to make it seem otherwise

most ppl would be deactivated for no-show-ing for the 2nd half of a 4-hr prime now block, u get extra responsibility and free money

ok, i know what it is.....how do i say this....

do u bond w/the supervisors over Tom Hanks movies?
You're making it sound like I command some some special pull. When I abandoned my Prime shift of Saturday, I only did so at the request of the Amazon personnel who were looking for Flex drivers. No, I didn't get free money, I was extended the courtesy of a premium for my willingness to help out in a moment of strife. Again, nothing special here. I'm just a guy signing up for a job, who then shows up to honor the commitment. That's all I'm doing. My only "talent" here is putting myself in the path of opportunity, but anyone who has a job has already done that anyway, so that's nothing magical.

Is there anything else you'd like me to clarify? I kind of feel we've beat the life out of this equine, don't you?