People are just figuring out what has been known for a long time. App companies win, driver lose. Smh.

Inshur

Lordridley

Still, why would I have to drive extra to make more peanutz? I feel by taking the longer route, I get what I deserve what is mine. Every time I see Uber makes negative out of me, I feel proud. They do not deserve even one penny out of us. Idiots...

Wardell Curry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still, why would I have to drive extra to make more peanutz? I feel by taking the longer route, I get what I deserve what is mine. Every time I see Uber makes negative out of me, I feel proud. They do not deserve even one penny out of us. Idiots...
We need to go back to the old system of commission, where driver gets paid on what pax pays and Uber takes a flat 25 percent. That's it. The pax complained about drivers taking bad route but they are ignorant to realize the upfront price they are charged now is normally just as egregious if not worse. So either way they are @@@@ed.

uberxnyc1

We need to go back to the old system of commission, where driver gets paid on what pax pays and Uber takes a flat 25 percent. That's it. The pax complained about drivers taking bad route but they are ignorant to realize the upfront price they are charged now is normally just as egregious if not worse. So either way they are @@@@ed.
You are very generous Wardell, 25% is way too much. A real "platform" like eBay gets 9% from sellers, there is no reason why uber/lyft/etc would deserve more than 10%.

No_Nonsense

Every driver should have in backseat pocket stock of printouts with header

TAKE ONE

Explaining what really upfront pricing is.

95% or even more of them don’t have a slightest idea how Uber overcharge them and underpaid driver.

Any volunteer to make template?

No_Nonsense

Pax don't care about what the drivers get paid.
They will care finding that they are overcharged instead of being charged by distance and time.
Nobody expect them to let you cry on their shoulder. That’s not the idea behind it.

Zubera

They will care finding that they are overcharged instead of being charged by distance and time.
Nobody expect them to let you cry on their shoulder. That’s not the idea behind it.
They don't have other choices other then to pay what apps asking for before the trip. Apps show the price before the trip and they can choose whether pay it or not to take the trip. They choose to pay and that's why they can't/won't do anything. Do you think they'd stop using apps after reading your flyer? What would be their choice of ride if they say NO to apps then? An yellow cab? Car service? The problem is more wider then uber or lyft. None of the apps and car service bases are driver friendly. They all are greedy and take advantage over the drivers because the drivers are not unionized. They can replace any single driver with another thousands of ants anytime. Ants are ready to enslave and work for peanuts all the time. We need a cap on drivers and cars. TLC driver license should be eliminated. DMV license class E is enough for it. Why do we need second driver license? It's all about city making money by milking us. However there should be a medallion like system for FHV cars (black cabs) in order to protect driver's pay and that's it. Then cab drivers will be making living again because only a fixed numbers of cab drivers can work at any given time. Apps won't be able to flood market with unlimited cars and drivers. This is the only way to go. If you have a better idea please let me know.

Wardell Curry

Pax don't care about what the drivers get paid.
I really don't care what pax pays unless it affects me. So if pax are paying higher prices and drivers are not receiving that share, it is bad for us
They don't have other choices other then to pay what apps asking for before the trip. Apps show the price before the trip and they can choose whether pay it or not to take the trip. They choose to pay and that's why they can't/won't do anything. Do you think they'd stop using apps after reading your flyer? What would be their choice of ride if they say NO to apps then? An yellow cab? Car service? The problem is more wider then uber or lyft. None of the apps and car service bases are driver friendly. They all are greedy and take advantage over the drivers because the drivers are not unionized. They can replace any single driver with another thousands of ants anytime. Ants are ready to enslave and work for peanuts all the time. We need a cap on drivers and cars. TLC driver license should be eliminated. DMV license class E is enough for it. Why do we need second driver license? It's all about city making money by milking us. However there should be a medallion like system for FHV cars (black cabs) in order to protect driver's pay and that's it. Then cab drivers will be making living again because only a fixed numbers of cab drivers can work at any given time. Apps won't be able to flood market with unlimited cars and drivers. This is the only way to go. If you have a better idea please let me know.
There is a way to get rid of upfront pricing. You set the initial destination on the way to your real destination and then change it to the actual destination once the trip starts. Uber will be forced to revert to time and distance once the trip is updated. It works but doing this for every trip might seem tedious to some pax. I do it the rare times I take Uber myself.

Zubera

I really don't care what pax pays unless it affects me. So if pax are paying higher prices and drivers are not receiving that share, it is bad for us

There is a way to get rid of upfront pricing. You set the initial destination on the way to your real destination and then change it to the actual destination once the trip starts. Uber will be forced to revert to time and distance once the trip is updated. It works but doing this for every trip might seem tedious to some pax. I do it the rare times I take Uber myself.
If you're the pax then yes but as a driver it makes no sense because driver's pay won't change. And yes we need a commission based platform that has minimal commission % (up to 10%). We need a platform that allows drivers to do anything, to choose whatever he/she wants. The only app's "to do" job is to connect drivers and riders and maintain the app software. We pay the fee for it and that's it. No BS tech app that actually is a transportation co.

LiveNLearn

Either way for NYC drivers our cut is set in stone for foreseeable future.

This is more a plight for the PAX that are getting charged random high prices that uber is pulling out of thin air.

The problem (well not for uber) is , most people dont use uber that often. So what person is gona care that uber stole 5 bucks on that ride way back. Only frequent PAX should really be concerned , maybe a PAX that takes rideshare over 100 times a year would be concerned....

#uberwinsagain?

No_Nonsense

No, I’m not going to give you any idea.
As soon as TLC licenses will be capped you start making a bank.
Just one little problem. Nothing stop uber from lowering prices even further down.
Why yellow is making more per mile than uber black?
I don’t even mention uber x because it’s like driving them for free.
I told myself many times it’s wasting of time to discuss anything like this here.
My mistake again.
I’m not far from quitting this crap for good so everyone do whatever the hell you want.

Good luck to all.

Wardell Curry

If you're the pax then yes but as a driver it makes no sense because driver's pay won't change. And yes we need a commission based platform that has minimal commission % (up to 10%). We need a platform that allows drivers to do anything, to choose whatever he/she wants. The only app's "to do" job is to connect drivers and riders and maintain the app software. We pay the fee for it and that's it. No BS tech app that actually is a transportation co.
It affects us because pax are paying higher rates thinking we are getting that piece. When in fact Uber is just taking its own surge.

Andrew Dice Clay Two

Empire black car way back in the day was 60 % for the company 40 % for the driver .
I drove a cab for 1 week on commission before leasing came in. Commission is better, if you have a bad day the company has a bad day too.
I think cab drivers in Las Vegas still work as employees on commission .
They're trying to have leasing there too since everyone with a car does Uber in Las Vegas.
All you need in Vegas is a cheap business license for Uber think it's 40 bucks and you're good to go.
And some people don't even get it.

Last edited:

Uberman8263

Empire black car way back in the day was 60 % for the company 40 % for the driver .
I drove a cab for 1 week on commission before leasing came in. Commission is better, if you have a bad day the company has a bad day too.
I think cab drivers in Las Vegas still work as employees on commission .
They're trying to have leasing there too since everyone with a car does Uber in Las Vegas.
All you need in Vegas is a cheap business license for Uber think it's 40 bucks and you're good to go.
And some people don't even get it.
When commission was the norm around 1976 the fleet drivers would put $50 on the meter then after that drive passengers off the clock and pocket the fare. The street enforcement the TLC had on the street were a bunch of retired cops who didn’t give a dam about what was going on. The only control the fleets had over the drivers was they know how much each driver took in per mile driven. Also the drivers had a real although weak union.

Andrew Dice Clay Two

When commission was the norm around 1976 the fleet drivers would put $50 on the meter then after that drive passengers off the clock and pocket the fare. The street enforcement the TLC had on the street were a bunch of retired cops who didn’t give a dam about what was going on. The only control the fleets had over the drivers was they know how much each driver took in per mile driven. Also the drivers had a real although weak union.
The dumb cab drivers wanted more for the fare off the meter than on the meter. And some cab companies had hot seats.
Someone told me about a cab driver who built a wooden seat to sit on in the backseat.
I never drove a cab when it was under the police department. Hack bureau I think it was called.
I remember the Taxi driver's union, basically the Italian mafia.

Uberman8263

The dumb cab drivers wanted more for the fare off the meter than on the meter. And some cab companies had hot seats.
Someone told me about a cab driver who built a wooden seat to sit on in the backseat.
I never drove a cab when it was under the police department. Hack bureau I think it was called.
I remember the Taxi driver's union, basically the Italian mafia.
It was a different world then.

Inshur New York