Pennsylvania Hits Uber with Record $11.4 Million Fine

MikesUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

backstreets-trans

Eventually every state and country will sue uber for operating illegally and the false advertising of the safest ride in the industry language. These lawsuits and legal cases will be at least another billion down the drain. Venture capitalists are seeing their money slowing disappearing. A new rideshare player should learn from all of ubers mistakes and be able to avoid the pitfalls.

uberpa

uberpa

I never used uber as a passenger so I don't know what does that receipt look like. Does it show the pa puc recovery charge?

MikesUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never used uber as a passenger so I don't know what does that receipt look like. Does it show the pa puc recovery charge?
I'm done talking about your made up fee. I won't put you on ignore b/c I read your content on other threads. Save the trolling for 4chan man lol :wink:

PGHjosh

I can confirm the Puc recovery fee was charged in Pittsburgh. I want to say it was one week in February or March I noticed the safe rider fees were not the standard 1.60 even on rides that were not split. So I went to the office and asked. they talked to someone higher up and found out an additional 1% of the fare was being tacked onto the safe rider fee to cover PUC fees.

I told them it was extremely shady that this fee was being charged to riders without them being notified as I have a rider account and was not notified. The guy went on to tell me he is not on ubers legally team and cannot confirm rider terms and conditions don't allow uber to do this as he has not read them.

Just went back and checked I noticed it on Friday February 12th and it was not on every ride but most. Hard to tell how they selected who had to pay.

Not trying to take sides but this is a fact. I can show screen shots if you still don't believe it.

Last edited:

Ziggy

I told them it was extremely shady that this fee was being charged to riders without them being notified as I have a rider account and was not notified. The guy went on to tell me he is not on ubers legally team and cannot confirm rider terms and conditions don't allow uber to do this as he has not read them.
Similar to the arbitrary booking fee (SRF) charges ... no real rhyme or reason as to why some pax pay $1.30 SRF, while others pay $1.40, $1.60 ... even as high as $3.81 SRF

RockinEZ

You folks know my opinion.
I do not believe Uber is a long term project.

I do believe it is a short term project to make as much money for TK and investors before the labor laws catch up with them.

It is working. TK has managed to increase is personal wealth by several billion in the last 5 years. That is now his money in his bank account, not Uber's.

One day folks will wake up and say "Isn't transportation a regulated industry for a reason" and the jig will be up.

Lnsky

Thanks for sharing. I suppose Uber has gotten smug. They knew they'd be fined and took a gamble. The only debate is over the size of the fine but this is repetitive behavior on their part.

You can buy all the lawyers you want but transportation liability is a losing game and the government is going to come after you. No uber you aren't just an app you are a taxi service and you are going to be controlled like one in the end. Sorry

Your passengers already act like no lies so get in line.

crazytrain00

Every pay statement since I started has the PA PUC recovery fees charged to the rider listed. Why is this surprising? The PUC regulates all PA counties except Philadelphia.