Pedestrians and bicyclists

t5contra

I've had a few of them give me the "go ahead and hit me look". I don't think they realize just how little a full time uber driver has to lose or the amount of pent up anger

Kawiz03

I hate the people who just cross dont look if cars are coming. Then the news always reports people getting hit but fail to say if they didnt look both ways, jaywalking, burried in their phone or just darting out like a deer. And dont get me started on the @@@@@@ Armstrongs on their bikes!!!!

4aseason

I hate the people who just cross dont look if cars are coming. Then the news always reports people getting hit but fail to say if they didnt look both ways, jaywalking, burried in their phone or just darting out like a deer. And dont get me started on the ****** Armstrongs on their bikes!!!!
If they are not in the crosswalk it's game.:cool:

To be honest with you you can technically hit a pedestrian and they will be the ones at fault only if they are not in a crosswalk or if they are going against the crosswalk signal. You have the right-of-way and they do not.

There have been plenty of times where I wanted to hit one of them to teach them a lesson

Another Uber Driver

I've had a few of them give me the "go ahead and hit me look".
Washington is full of arrogant pedestrians and bicyclists with the "I dare you to hit me" attitude. Every once in a while, someone takes the dare.

****** Armstrongs on their bikes!!!!
The Spandex boys are the most arrogant of them all. They will break every rule, but if you do not give them their three feet, they complain the loudest. They are just as arrogant when they are on the bicycle trail, on the rare occasions that they actually do bother to use it, that is. I had one damned near
smash into me and a jogger on the Metropolitan Branch Trail (It was before Two P.M.--that trail is not safe after that because the thugs hanging around it, then). I was southbound and the jogger was north. He split us and almost hit us both. Of course, I strung some profanities together with the spandex, which he heard. He decided that he was going to put this fat, old hippie on a 2009 re-issue of a 1953 Schwinn heavyweight three speed "in his place", so he came back. The jogger saw this, so he turned around too. The jogger looked like a fullback. Spandex Boy decided that Discretion was the Better Part of Valour, turned around, and continued on his way.

If they are not in the crosswalk it's game.:cool:

Be careful of that. There is the "last clear chance" doctrine. It puts responsibility on the person who had the last clear chance to avoid a collision, regardless of who might be legally "at fault". In the case of a motorist/pedestrian collision, it is almost always determined that the motorist had the last clear chance to avoid the collision. If the pedestrian is trying to hop the Anacostia Freeway, where the speed limit is eighty KpH and gets clipped, odds are that it will not be determined that the motorist had the last clear chance. On K Street between Twentieth and Twenty-First, where the speed limit is forty KpH (and you are going twice that as you try to make the green light at Twenty-first to go under Washington Circle), it will almost always be determined that you had the last clear chance.

(just be sure that you do hit the brakes once you clear Twenty-First as that tunnel has a nastycam each way. Those two nastycams render D.C.'s biggest payoffs of all of the nastycams. cha-CHINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!)

To be honest with you you can technically hit a pedestrian and they will be the ones at fault only if they are not in a crosswalk or if they are going against the crosswalk signal. You have the right-of-way and they do not.

There have been plenty of times where I wanted to hit one of them to teach them a lesson
Again, keep in mind the doctrine of "last clear chance". You can not just hit a pedestrian. Do not do that especially in D.C. D.C. takes a dimmer view than most jurisdictions of striking a pedestrian.

There used to be a question on the California written test for the driver's licence.

Q: You are driving on a street where the speed limit is 35 MPH. You are driving 35 MPH. A pedestrian suddenly starts to cross in the middle of the block where there is no signal, no sign, no crosswalk, no controls at all. You should:

A. Blow your horn and swear at him.
B. Let him pass.
C. Keep going until you find a Police Officer and report him for jaywalking.
D. Hit him and teach him a lesson.

My brother's immediate response was "D".

t5contra

That's too bad, I guess if I hit one of these guys and they sue me they can have at it with this $20 I made last week.

I believe that by law bikers are supposed to obey the traffic lights in the same matter that vehicles do. I actually think bikers should be required to carry a license plate and registration. I am sure attitudes would change when accountability is in place

New2This

That's too bad, I guess if I hit one of these guys and they sue me they can have at it with this $20 I made last week.

I believe that by law bikers are supposed to obey the traffic lights in the same matter that vehicles do. I actually think bikers should be required to carry a license plate and registration. I am sure attitudes would change when accountability is in place
I recently saw PSA banners on the side of a Metrobus. It said something about pedestrians use the crosswalks and bikes need to obey vehicle laws.

Technically they're vehicles, subject to regular vehicle laws. In practice they're annoying little pansies that should be my next hood ornament...

Uber_duber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recently saw PSA banners on the side of a Metrobus. It said something about pedestrians use the crosswalks and bikes need to obey vehicle laws.

Technically they're vehicles, subject to regular vehicle laws. In practice they're annoying little pansies that should be my next hood ornament...
I don't have a problem with bicyclists that follow the rules. I don't have a problem with the ones that don't. If you don't follow the rules AND expect to not get run over, I have a problem with that.

GothamUberSignal

Drive buses in DC too some of our buses do have air horns. DC is a welfare state, nothing the peds do is illegal. As long as they are in the crosswalk they are protected even if they cross on the don't walk.

Uber_duber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe so. But I still want to run their asses over.
Drive buses in DC too some of our buses do have air horns. DC is a welfare state, nothing the peds do is illegal. As long as they are in the crosswalk they are protected even if they cross on the don't walk.