• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PBI

PalmBeachHustlin

Is it really worth it to wait there? I stopped and was 25th in que.. waited and didn't see any change so left after 15 mins. I did notice that while driving by it added me to que, so I know that the number waiting is inflated. Just wandering if airport trips are worth it..

ZZY

Wednesday the 22nd was supposed to be huge at PBI so I got in the queue at Wendys as there were only a few Lux ahead of me. I took a nap and was awakened by a ping an hour later. The pin was on Congress near Summit, a valid address so I headed down Australian to get the pax. After a couple minutes he called and asked why I was going the wrong way? He told me he was at the airport. I said I would turn around and get him. He said, "Never mind, I'll get another Uber." I objected and he said he had already cancelled. A lie. He hung up and canceled 20 seconds later.

So I emailed Uber and told them what happened and asked that I be given a cancel fee, even though it was within the standard 5 minute window for free cancel, claiming that my hour wait time in the queue and my loss of position if I went back to PBI (I didn't, I went home), made it unfair that I get stiffed for doing a good job. Uber agreed and gave me the $7.20 cancel fee. I assume it came out of their money, not the selfish pax account, but maybe reports like this will lead to a change of rules, like no free cancels from airports.

Mataratz

They low ball a lot of fares and I guess it's my fault for being trusting. It takes almost 20 -30 minutes for a 5 or 7 dollar fare on X. That means the most i can make an hour is 15.00 minus gas and tax and expenses. I don't see how to possibly make money unless you work 60 hours a week. I checked a 5 stack pool I had on Christmas Eve, and for 1 leg I made $1.45.

wk1102

Screenshot_20161228-140907.png
Screenshot_20161228-140823.png
20161228_140942.png
Wednesday the 22nd was supposed to be huge at PBI so I got in the queue at Wendys as there were only a few Lux ahead of me. I took a nap and was awakened by a ping an hour later. The pin was on Congress near Summit, a valid address so I headed down Australian to get the pax. After a couple minutes he called and asked why I was going the wrong way? He told me he was at the airport. I said I would turn around and get him. He said, "Never mind, I'll get another Uber." I objected and he said he had already cancelled. A lie. He hung up and canceled 20 seconds later.

So I emailed Uber and told them what happened and asked that I be given a cancel fee, even though it was within the standard 5 minute window for free cancel, claiming that my hour wait time in the queue and my loss of position if I went back to PBI (I didn't, I went home), made it unfair that I get stiffed for doing a good job. Uber agreed and gave me the $7.20 cancel fee. I assume it came out of their money, not the selfish pax account, but maybe reports like this will lead to a change of rules, like no free cancels from airports.
I'm in Port st lucie, I end up in PB 3-5 days a week. I have a regular I drive to Jupiter, and I also have someone I do airport runs for. When I'm down there is usually take a gamble on the airport rather than the destination filter to get back home. I've been kicked off line a few times for ignoring pings, several times after waiting 30 minutes or so and being up soon in the queue . It pisses me off. I go back and forth with them, sometimes I get a 10 dollar "inconvenience " payment.

Ladt night, I got a ping from psl to Stuart, then Stuart to Hobe Sound. Hobe sound is usually dead so I started back North on US1 and got a ping Hobe Sound to Jupiter.
Then a 2.3x Tequesta to N palm. I started back towards jupiter and got a 1.8x to WPB. pbi was surging so I headed there, took a gamble. it was 1.6 when I got there so I log off. soon it was 2.5 2 cars in the queue. I log in... a few minutes I get my ping. boom Palm city.

The weird thing is, it didn't show as a surge trip but I figured even if I get screwed out of surge I got a ride almost home. I screen shot the surge before the ping and screen shot the surge on te rider app after the ping.

I did a fare review and sent pictures, they paid me on the 1st reply (much to my surprise )

Pay attention, I do the know if this is a regular issue, an airport issue or what but... it was a big difference in pay $60.00

As much as I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt .... it is uber. to their credit they payed me but still. I do the know what my rider paid, I asked along the way, he said he didn't know yet. he was an older guy, I think he requested and waited. I explained the upfront pricing but he didn't follow.

I hope they didn't stick him with a surprise increase, I'm guessing he paid it to begin with. He asked for my # for a return trip so I'll ask him then.

Look at the times in the upper right hand corner. the last one is xl but the surge % is the same for X and xl.

Mataratz

I have given up on the airport queue, I have waited there with 2 or 3 cars in line and not got a ride. and the surge system is a joke also. I am very disheartened with Uber the pax are decent and the job is enjoyable but 6-7 hours of driving with very little waiting and getting 40.00 is not fair.

I have given up on the airport queue, I have waited there with 2 or 3 cars in line and not got a ride. and the surge system is a joke also. I am very disheartened with Uber the pax are decent and the job is enjoyable but 6-7 hours of driving with very little waiting and getting 40.00 is not fair.
I do this since 2014 with lyft. You can't be waiting whitout checking the flight board. It's impossible to get a ping while no flights are landing. The same when you are #10 with full blue ring and get a ping right away. I do 80% airports only X platform taking people to it and from it.

Is it really worth it to wait there? I stopped and was 25th in que.. waited and didn't see any change so left after 15 mins. I did notice that while driving by it added me to que, so I know that the number waiting is inflated. Just wandering if airport trips are worth it..
You are lucky.....at least you got $40.00 !!!!

Richbinkus

PBI is not worth it especially for suv/lux, there is a “click” there and not worth the hassle. Unless the suv/lux q is 1-5 I never sit there. Your better off somewhere else.

laser1

I come down from Jupiter to the airport ...Drop off a customer and then go over to the que at 5th street...Its usually crowded and not worth waiting 1 or 2 hours for a very high gamble of potential 5 min drop off

Stav53

Agree with all of the above, not worth the time, I rarely go to the queue. Just go to Wawa on Belvedere and have a look at the drivers sitting there and waiting for the magic ping!!