Paypal Updated their debit cards to chip and now they don't work for expresspay or cashout.

Quatro40

Like the title says. What bank are you using that is currently compatible with both systems?

I was using PNC but they disabled the option for both companies after the 10th cashout.

columbuscatlady

Paypal was not accepted for me back in May and the HUB said no prepaid cards are acceptable. Schwab accepted it but then two weeks ago I had to update my expiration date because I got a new card and now it was rejected. I just use GoBank now.

Quatro40

That way uber can track your driving.
Your fuel purchasing.
And now your banking.

Coming soon

Uber pillow to monitor your sleep.
I only use gobank to cash out, the. Regular checking at PNC for everything else.

Paypal was not accepted for me back in May and the HUB said no prepaid cards are acceptable. Schwab accepted it but then two weeks ago I had to update my expiration date because I got a new card and now it was rejected. I just use GoBank now.
Was your new car with a chip?

Last edited:

UberSchmuber

GoBank works fine for Uber, but Lyft CLAIMS to not recognize PayPal Prepaid or GoBank as debit cards. For instant on Lyft, I use my regular PayPal Business Debit.
If I don't do the instant payout and wait until Tuesday, both go into my PayPal Prepaid account through the routing & account numbers attached to the account.

columbuscatlady

Was your new card with a chip?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but so was the first Schwab one and I had no problems with it. Actually, after I posted I thought I would try it again and it was accepted. I don't know why it was rejected before and now accepted. I like having a choice.

GoBank works fine for Uber, but Lyft CLAIMS to not recognize PayPal Prepaid or GoBank as debit cards. For instant on Lyft, I use my regular PayPal Business Debit.
If I don't do the instant payout and wait until Tuesday, both go into my PayPal Prepaid account through the routing & account numbers attached to the account.
Hmm...Paypal Business Debit wasn't accepted for me and the HUB told me no Prepaids would be. It won't take Netspend either.

UberSchmuber

Was your new card with a chip?
Paypal Business Debit wasn't accepted for me and the HUB told me no Prepaids would be. It won't take Netspend either.[/QUOTE]
PayPal Business Debit is attached to my PayPal account and isn't pre-paid.
PayPal PrePaid Debit is a separate account with BancCorp, but has routing & account numbers to make it technically a checking account.

columbuscatlady

That's what mine is too, but mine wasn't accepted. It's attached to my PayPal account and is technically a checking account. A card is considered "Prepaid" if it is technically not a credit card.