Payment adjustment for trips at LAX

BillyGoat

Howdy folks,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Take a look at the email I got today from uber that chaps my hide to add insult on top of the helpless frustration we (drivers) feel.

Here's a copy/paste of the text.
------------------------------------------
Due to technical issues, your account was mistakenly paid for LAX airport surcharges for trips at LAX between January 21 and February 2. You’ll see 2 adjustments in this week’s payment statement. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and have fixed the technical issue on our end.

What was the issue?

You received the $4 LAX airport surcharge for all of your trips to and from LAX. This LAX airport surcharge is supposed to go to LAX.
Each LAX airport surcharge also incurred the Uber Fee.

What's next?
You’ll see the adjustments in this week’s payment statement under Miscellaneous Items. To clarify, each airport trip to or from LAX is subject to a $4.00 surcharge that is collected from the rider and paid directly to the airport.

If you have any questions, submit them at help.uber.???. We’re excited to see you taking trips at LAX.

You may also find it interesting that I wasted about 30 minutes yesterday waiting around inside uber's designated LAX area waiting with their driver pickup queue showing 0-10 minutes for a ping with the circular blue bars all glowing.
When I finally gave up on waiting and drove away, I got a ping to pickup at terminal 2. The pax told me she's been waiting to get an uber for 30 minutes and her app showed there were no cars available.

I have several other tales of woes driving for uber that I can share if someone is interested...

KekeLo

Howdy folks,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Take a look at the email I got today from uber that chaps my hide to add insult on top of the helpless frustration we (drivers) feel.:oopsies:

Here's a copy/paste of the text.
Due to technical issues, your account was mistakenly paid for LAX airport surcharges for trips at LAX between January 21 and February 2. You’ll see 2 adjustments in this week’s payment statement. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and have fixed the technical issue on our end.

What was the issue?

You received the $4 LAX airport surcharge for all of your trips to and from LAX. This LAX airport surcharge is supposed to go to LAX.
Each LAX airport surcharge also incurred the Uber Fee.

What's next?
You’ll see the adjustments in this week’s payment statement under Miscellaneous Items. To clarify, each airport trip to or from LAX is subject to a $4.00 surcharge that is collected from the rider and paid directly to the airport.

If you have any questions, submit them at help.uber.???. We’re excited to see you taking trips at LAX.

You may also find it interesting that I wasted about 30 minutes yesterday waiting around inside uber's designated LAX area waiting with their driver pickup queue showing 0-10 minutes for a ping with the circular blue bars all glowing.
When I finally gave up on waiting and drove away, I got a ping to pickup at terminal 2. The pax told me she's been waiting to get an uber for 30 minutes and her app showed there were no cars available.

I have several other tales of woes driving for uber that I can share if someone is interested...

Welcome home, BillyGoat, and do yourself a favor, and stay away from LAX. I heard the pen gets outta control.:oopsies:

Reactions: 5hy

livinloud89

Got the same message :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.png
    image.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 63

Meeny

Me too. Looks like they found a way to steal more money out of us. damn. They jumble these figures up so much it's such a headache to find the thievery.
CANT WIN FOR LOOSING WITH THIS COMPANY.

mandreyka

Is the que timer only for X ? I never saw it on select. Ya the pen area is strange, first time there last night.

Had 2 rides out of there 1 short and 1 decent. A lot of drivers acroing , both my calls were from pax that were canceled on. This was on select.

About 9 pm I decided to leave the pen, hit Burger King real quick and as soon as I left the que area I got pinged from the Westin.

UberDude2

Is the que timer only for X ? I never saw it on select. Ya the pen area is strange, first time there last night.

Had 2 rides out of there 1 short and 1 decent. A lot of drivers acroing , both my calls were from pax that were canceled on. This was on select.

About 9 pm I decided to leave the pen, hit Burger King real quick and as soon as I left the que area I got pinged from the Westin.
So, did you actually get a ride from the airport? Reason I ask is because they said X was a go for pick ups. They never mentioned Select. Maybe that's why you didn't get a ride? Maybe the select cars in the lot are the ones with the commercial license?

mandreyka

So, did you actually get a ride from the airport? Reason I ask is because they said X was a go for pick ups. They never mentioned Select. Maybe that's why you didn't get a ride? Maybe the select cars in the lot are the ones with the commercial license?
Pm sent

observer

What probably happened is Uber paid the drivers thinking drivers would have to pay the airport. (Since Uber claims drivers are independent contractors).

The airport told Uber, hell no, we are not collecting airport fees from 10,000 drivers. You are.

Optimus Uber

Just checked my statement, the adjustment was $112, but I got the promotion of $55 for doing something or other, not sure what it's about and got a $28 credit for them taking a commission on the $112. So I am in the hole $29.