Payfare anyone using this ??

Superduber

There were a couple of threads started on this but were deleted. You know trying to promote business without actually paying to be a sponsor on this site. That is an inappropriate way to do business (being polite here, could say it worse...). I wouldn't deal with such a low budget outfit they can't even become a legit sponsor.

RasAlGhul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There were a couple of threads started on this but were deleted. You know trying to promote business without actually paying to be a sponsor on this site. That is an inappropriate way to do business (being polite here, could say it worse...). I wouldn't deal with such a low budget outfit they can't even become a legit sponsor.
I'm not promoting I'm curious

Superduber

I'm not promoting I'm curious
Yup, sorry wasn't trying to imply you were promoting. General discussion on things that may benefit us add drivers is I am sure appreciated. In the deleted threads, posters promoted + had referral codes, so definitely no no territory

Actionjax

I know some of the other posts were deleted. But I wanted to give some info on this from some research I have done.

1) Your deposits are not insured by CDIC so if the go bye bye you are out your money. (Says so right on the back of their card)
2) MasterCard protects you with zero liability. (Not sure how they can do that this is a mag stripe only card) Liability has shifted to the issuer and I can tell you they won't hold the losses. They will get that back from you,.

I think this is a high risk option for drivers. Budget better and work with a good bank that had insurance on your deposits. Also they don't take 1% of all that you work hard for.

*Disclaimer: I work for a bank but the opinions are my own.

mavetick

I know some of the other posts were deleted. But I wanted to give some info on this from some research I have done.

1) Your deposits are not insured by CDIC so if the go bye bye you are out your money. (Says so right on the back of their card)
2) MasterCard protects you with zero liability. (Not sure how they can do that this is a mag stripe only card) Liability has shifted to the issuer and I can tell you they won't hold the losses. They will get that back from you,.

I think this is a high risk option for drivers. Budget better and work with a good bank that had insurance on your deposits. Also they don't take 1% of all that you work hard for.

*Disclaimer: I work for a bank but the opinions are my own.
Working fine for me , yes the card is just a swipe card for now , they are issuing regular cards in about a month , everyday my cash is there had one hiccup where it was late and because of this they have me an additional $25 on top. Excellent customer service they get back to you immediately and yes they take ℅1 of what you earn in a day which isn't much at all , I like it , had nothing do with budgeting for me I use it for my everyday under stuff , gas etc. I have a bank acct obviously , I have had no problems whatsoever with this service but on the other hand I'm sure we all know that the banks take a nice chunk of change for themselves well , the choice is yours but I like it.

mavetick

Working fine for me , yes the card is just a swipe card for now , they are issuing regular cards in about a month , everyday my cash is there had one hiccup where it was late and because of this they have me an additional $25 on top. Excellent customer service they get back to you immediately and yes they take ℅1 of what you earn in a day which isn't much at all , I like it , had nothing do with budgeting for me I use it for my everyday under stuff , gas etc. I have a bank acct obviously , I have had no problems whatsoever with this service but on the other hand I'm sure we all know that the banks take a nice chunk of change for themselves well , the choice is yours but I like it.
I should add that if I do have any probs I will post here .

mavetick

Thank
Thanks i wanted to use it but every body on this froum so much against it; that I will be only fool using it : so opted not too;
A lot of peeps on here are against Everything , use your own judgement of course , it's a fairly new company with about 400 or so people using it I've been told , works for me and again if I experience any probs will keep you guys posted .

NFIH

Yikes. Just read a post describing what this is and ... yikes. Uber already pays weekly, which is one of its few but key advantages over other part-time work, and if that's not a quick enough turn-around for you then I have to think you must be in a truly serious economic bind. Basically, it reads like yet another way to take a pound of flesh from those who have none to give. The gig economy already has only scraps to offer workers; to add this on top of it? It's like a payday lender (bank) on top of a payday lender (Uber). I just shake my head. This society is headed in a really bad direction if there's a market for this product.

Myxx

Yikes. Just read a post describing what this is and ... yikes. Uber already pays weekly, which is one of its few but key advantages over other part-time work, and if that's not a quick enough turn-around for you then I have to think you must be in a truly serious economic bind. Basically, it reads like yet another way to take a pound of flesh from those who have none to give. The gig economy already has only scraps to offer workers; to add this on top of it? It's like a payday lender (bank) on top of a payday lender (Uber). I just shake my head. This society is headed in a really bad direction if there's a market for this product.
There may be reasons why some drivers may not want their Uber pay being deposited to their bank account....... I'll leave it at that..

Actionjax

There may be reasons why some drivers may not want their Uber pay being deposited to their bank account....... I'll leave it at that..
It's still tractable by the CRA so not sure what the benefits are. other than quick access to cash.

clearport

First time I heard of this service I was at the Uber office. There was this Cab driver who was inquiring about getting paid cash rather than having it direct deposited. They offered him this alternative and from my understanding it was like getting paid cash. The Uber guy was trying so hard to convince the driver to not worry. Felt so fishy to me and a few other guys in the office over hearing this. We couldn't believe what we were witnessing. So maybe your right Myxx

Last edited: