Payday

mjhofer

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere!
Just about to sign up to be a partner and am wondering what day Brisbane partners get paid?
Is it weekly? Or fortnightly? How exactly do you get paid?

Cheers,
Michael.

leadcurescancer

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere!
Just about to sign up to be a partner and am wondering what day Brisbane partners get paid?
Is it weekly? Or fortnightly? How exactly do you get paid?

Cheers,
Michael.
Before you sign up I hope you have time to read the forum. Take your time and check out all the negatives to signing on as an Uber driver before you commit. If you have any other way pof earning an income everybody here would recommend you take in preference to Ubering.
Your vehicle is now subject to 10% gst on sale.
You are going to have to register for and pay gst on every Uber $.
Think about how much you are going to earn and how long you are going to stay, is paying 10% of your vehicles sale price worth it?
If you are noted by Deptartment of Transport(as an Uber driver) your insurance on that vehicle will likely be void for as long as you own it. NO INSURANCE even if you are not Uber driving.
If after reading this you still sign up, welcome aboard you are either stupid or desperate like the rest of us.

Instyle

mjhofer your ABN notes your not registered for GST. You'll pay 1/11 of the total fare not just the portion you receive. Uber like to pay on the numbers saying you get a higher percentage than the average taxi driver. Uber fares are upto 50% cheaper than a taxi, so your only getting 80% of; 50% of a typical taxi fare while you incur all vehicular expenses unlike a traditional 50/50 cab driver. You have to remain registered for GST for at least a full year and your vehicle will be subject to GST on the sale.

Theres a lot of hype and over the top claims that Uber portrait to. Make sure you've done your own research thoroughly and not taken any words from Uber for granted. The fine print is what counts! If you have started an online application to partner with Uber you may have access to the Transportation Service Agreement that you are bound to, I would highly recommend reading it.. Twice.

Your vehicle insurance is a huge deal, make sure your entirely comfortable with the setup. As a bare minimum make sure you own the vehicle outright. There is no such legal standing in Australia as gap or contingent insurance cover and although Uber may say they have your back; are they going to insure your vehicle once you policy has been cancelled? Do a quick online quote and click prior insurance cancelled or claim denied = No cover or massive increases in premiums paid for the next 5 years. Uber's cover only protects you against injury litigation from the passenger, not vehicle damage.

Feel free to ask any questions.

anOzzieUber

TBH - The numbers from Uber do seem to stack up, but only if you are willing to drive predominantly the late late Friday and Saturday nights and put up with the piss heads. $40-$50/hr in fares is not nearly enough for me to work these hours :smiles: If you're planning on working day time hours, even weekends, the numbers certainly don't stack up.

I'm not saying don't give it a go, but go in with a open mind and fully understand your true operating costs - not just what lands in your bank account each week. Take the advice of others on insurance - it is a calculated risk in my opinion, and only you can decide if it's a risk you're willing to take.

And lastly, take everything that comes from an Uber employee with a great big grain of salt :wink:

Sydney Uber

When Uber says that they provide you with "contingent insurance " ask them to see the Insurance PDS. They won't have one to show you and simply say "they'll have your back"!

Trust them at your peril- oh and read the drivers agreement over and over. It took me 4-5 goes and help from my Niece who's a contracts lawyer to truly understand how exposed EVERY Uber driver is to claims, and the responsibility Uber places onto the DRIVER to indemnify Uber against all claims and losses.

The driver's agreement is truly a breathtaking document