Pay is getting allot worse almost no pings!

Jay Thompson

I stopped driving full time about 3 weeks ago because the last 4 times I drove I would make less than $8 an hour not including gas and some hours make nothing with no pings. I drive in the valley and core LA. Before about month ago I would get so many pings they would stack on top of each other now I'm lucky to get 1-2 pings an hour. Most rides are under 5 miles. Most of my rides are $2.80 net which is confusing because isn't the min fare $5.15 and we get 25% which should be more than $2.80? Also surge doesn't really exist anymore I never see it or it only last for 1-3 mins and it's gone assuming that's because of the massive influx of new drivers? Now I only drive guarantees which technically isn't a guarantee because some hours I don't get paid anything because I get no ride requests!

How much are you guys making and why are you still driving if you're making shit?

Old Smokey

I stopped driving full time about 3 weeks ago because the last 4 times I drove I would make less than $8 an hour not including gas and some hours make nothing with no pings. I drive in the valley and core LA. Before about month ago I would get so many pings they would stack on top of each other now I'm lucky to get 1-2 pings an hour. Most rides are under 5 miles. Most of my rides are $2.80 net which is confusing because isn't the min fare $5.15 and we get 25% which should be more than $2.80? Also surge doesn't really exist anymore I never see it or it only last for 1-3 mins and it's gone assuming that's because of the massive influx of new drivers? Now I only drive guarantees which technically isn't a guarantee because some hours I don't get paid anything because I get no ride requests!

How much are you guys making and why are you still driving if you're making shit?
The economy is slowing down, people are desperate again to pay their bills. Fuber is using that to their advantage. 7 and a half years ago when people started burning out their 99 weeks of vacation, they still could not find jobs that once were there. CAB COMPANIES TO THE RESCUE, they promised CASH DAILY. Everyone of those companies increased the fleets and leased more cars. They made more money but cab drivers lost market share due to competition. FUBER IS WORSE they don't even have to own or maintain the equipment, only carry a blanket INSURANCE policy that they more than likely self insure anyway. They won't be paying out the guarantees because of the amount of drivers on the road and lack of customers.

UberMikeyX

It is what it is. There's just too many new drivers and not enough riders. This is why I NEVER recommend people to drive for Uber or Lyft. It's not worth a one time bonus of $500, when it will result in lost wages for me in the long run.

money time

You must try very hard to get this platinum status, no otuer way.
Everything will look diferent after that.

Last edited:

Bangle44

$5.15 minimum includes $1.65 Uber fee of which we get nothing. Of the remaining $3.50 fare, we get 80%, or $2.80.