• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pay - I hear crickets

Vavvav

4.54 rating, doesn't make a lick of difference. You can have a brutal acceptance rate and brutal cancellation rate and low rating and you will still be on the road with thousands of drivers making less then minimum wage. There is an oversaturated market and too many drivers, you have to struggle to make a dime. I have consistently driven 40 hours per week in Niagara for the last 3 months and average $375 per week. Take away 20 percent for gas and that's $300 a week not including depreciation, taxes, and insurance on the car and that works out to $7.50 an hour, less hen minimum wage. Basically you run your car into the ground and collect the value of the car as you go along and at the front end because at the back end your car is worthless. Throw in oil changes and new tires and worn out brake pads and you are driving for a negative sum. I hear crickets because all the other drivers I know can relate, there is no money to be made driving Uber. Pizza Hut is promising $3.70 per delivery and said I could do 30 to 60 deliveries in a night, plus tips, over 6 to 8 hours. Talked to a 2 for 1 driver and he said they have Hotel Contracts and he and another driver complete 50 deliveries in an 8 to 9 shift on a weekend, 25 during the week, similar deal to Pizza Hut. He said tips are $3 to $4 per delivery. 50 deliveries at say $5 per trip including tip is $250 a night, that's better then Uber boys with less gas, am I missing something? Why are we driving for Uber? If it's $6 after tips that's $300 over 8 hours or over $30 an hour. There has to be a catch with Food Delivery.

atomck

I was threatened by UBER if I continued to cancel rides to the Buffalo Airport. Now I have official information from the investigation that Intact Insurance has done. Here is there report to me. This is Intact's information, not my broker. They know they are just as liable as UBER if drivers are sent to drop points in the USA, and they are there illegally. There is no way an UBER driver can enter the United States with a commercial passenger in their car. Commercial passenger is defines as someone paying for the ride.

* It is illegal to operate a ride share automobile in New York State other than in New York City
* There is no UBER commercial insurance ride share on your vehicle in New York State. Committing a crime voids all insurance coverage. Driving an UBER car in New York state is committing a crime.
* US Immigration and Customs Services have stated that an UBER Driver and passenger can be arrested and the vehicle seized if an attempt is made to enter the US illegally. It is only the inspectors ignorance that will allow you into the USA as an Uber driver with a paying passenger. If they know the law you are toast.

If you accept rides to the airport there will be more work for us while you do time in Attica with Bubba the friendly mattress thrasher.

Uberrat

4.54 rating, doesn't make a lick of difference. You can have a brutal acceptance rate and brutal cancellation rate and low rating and you will still be on the road with thousands of drivers making less then minimum wage. There is an oversaturated market and too many drivers, you have to struggle to make a dime. I have consistently driven 40 hours per week in Niagara for the last 3 months and average $375 per week. Take away 20 percent for gas and that's $300 a week not including depreciation, taxes, and insurance on the car and that works out to $7.50 an hour, less hen minimum wage. Basically you run your car into the ground and collect the value of the car as you go along and at the front end because at the back end your car is worthless. Throw in oil changes and new tires and worn out brake pads and you are driving for a negative sum. I hear crickets because all the other drivers I know can relate, there is no money to be made driving Uber. Pizza Hut is promising $3.70 per delivery and said I could do 30 to 60 deliveries in a night, plus tips, over 6 to 8 hours. Talked to a 2 for 1 driver and he said they have Hotel Contracts and he and another driver complete 50 deliveries in an 8 to 9 shift on a weekend, 25 during the week, similar deal to Pizza Hut. He said tips are $3 to $4 per delivery. 50 deliveries at say $5 per trip including tip is $250 a night, that's better then Uber boys with less gas, am I missing something? Why are we driving for Uber? If it's $6 after tips that's $300 over 8 hours or over $30 an hour. There has to be a catch with Food Delivery.
Since your math is terrible, and your numbers are soo incorrect, then why are you still driving?
I made 23$ per hour after expenses and tax savings, so you should leave.

Vavvav

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am that desperate for an income that's why I drive for $8 an hour. Do you drive in Niagara? No, you drive in the Nation's capital and I also have seen reports that $8 is average in Ottawa so you are a superstar. I generally make $500 in 40 hours, $12.50 gross. I drive 1000km to make that $500. That's $100 in gas, $400 total for 40 hours after gas. $10 an hour, then if you factor in 54 cents depreciation per km I am actually losing $140 per week driving Uber. Pure insanity wouldn't you say! How many hours per week do you drive to average $23 an hour? You must be only driving Saturday night. I don't even bother declaring my tax income. I also had to spend $1200 on a safety to update my breaks. 4 cellphone chargers this year, air conditioner replacement, tires, dozens of oil changes, 180000km on my car. I honestly drive Uber to clear my mind, that's about it, it's half charity, half someone pay for your tank of gas once in awhile.

atomck

I think a few drivers are not really doing the best for themselves of for other drivers. I see it happening and I am getting caught up in it myself. So each of you go and do you own thing. This week I have only $505 as income. It goes straight into my pocket as spending money, because I am older and I am fortunate. I just hope nobody looks at UBER as a career. If anyone want to talk with catch me a yell-niagara.ca That's where the real money and it's mine.

tohunt4me

Im driving for Pizza Hut.
After subsidising Uber for 2 years with my new car.
Uber is now just a side hustle.
After 40 rides a night 6 nights a week.
12 hour shifts.
Now i make more in 6 hours a night.
Less than 1/2 the miles on my car.
6 hours a night.

Vavvav

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crickets! You can't scrape more then minimum wage out of this gig.