• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pay and Conditions

Prestige Bears

Then you're willing to earn whatever measly rate per hour (paid Kms per hour) Uber allocates you. Uber loves drivers such as yourself...
@MGS I'm willing and happy to earn what suits me, I don't see the need for your negativity. In some circumstances I'd be happy with just 50% of Uber X rates, everyone's business circumstances / requirements are different

DA08

Stop rambling, you just look even sillier lol
You're the one who's rambling 🤣🤣🤣
Post automatically merged:

Then you're willing to earn whatever measly rate per hour (paid Kms per hour) Uber allocates you. Uber loves drivers such as yourself...
Oh shut up dumbass... Ypu think you're the inteligent one don't you? You have same replies to everyone who doesn't agree with you...

fields

Now is a quite time of the year . What happen when we're in late october when it get very busy . we should budget our income on a yearly bais
Last year at this time we were able to put in more hours as only driving time was counted.

Prestige Bears

You're the one who's rambling 🤣🤣🤣
Post automatically merged:

Oh shut up dumbass... Ypu think you're the inteligent one don't you? You have same replies to everyone who doesn't agree with you...
I think he justs needs to get more experience in the industry, then his comments/opinions may be better informed

whyuber

Paying $900 to $1000 a week. that's $50,000 a year .I can finance a porche
For $900 you get a hybrid Camry Taxi, all rego , insurance , car maintenance , network radio , accident excess all included. You just need to pay for petrol only.

Uber for full-timers 70 to 80 hours takes 27.5% $800 in fees. Then you have your car payments , rego , insurance , maintenance ,excess to pay for accidents etc.

For casuals like me these days...taking a cab out for a shift here and there is gold.

Even though my private car is outside my house ready to go ubering....the 15 minute drive to the cab depot is still worth the trip.

You'll be thanking me once you try it :smiles:

Icecool

For $900 you get a hybrid Camry Taxi, all rego , insurance , car maintenance , network radio , accident excess all included. You just need to pay for petrol only.

Uber for full-timers 70 to 80 hours takes 27.5% $800 in fees. Then you have your car payments , rego , insurance , maintenance ,excess to pay for accidents etc.

For casuals like me these days...taking a cab out for a shift here and there is gold.

Even though my private car is outside my house ready to go ubering....the 15 minute drive to the cab depot is still worth the trip.

You'll be thanking me once you try it :smiles:
For $50,000 you can buy a hybrid camry and still got 15k left. The rego and insurance are only only about $2500 per year. it's a new car so the service are only about $200-$300. every 12, 000 km. and most them have 5-7years in warranty. uber's fee is like taxes the more you earn the more you pay if you didn't earn much then you pay less . while the taxi fee is flat you have pay regardless of how much money you make.

Last edited:

whyuber

For $50,000 you can buy a hybrid camry and still got 15k left. The rego and insurance are only only about $2500 per year. it's a new car so the service are only about $200-$300. every 12, 000 km. and most them have 5-7years in warranty. uber's fee is like taxes the more you earn the more you pay if you didn't earn much then you pay less . while the taxi fee is flat you have pay regardless of how much money you make.
Toyota warranty 175000k for rideshare vehicle.
Full-timers would do the the km in less than 2 years.
Servicing the car every 5 weeks adds up big time.

A lot of cabbies do weekly for 1 month and the hand it back...and have 1 to 2 months break.
The cabbies really do win in having spare time....and there are many ex uber drivers doing the cab.

Icecool

Toyota warranty 175000k for rideshare vehicle.
Full-timers would do the the km in less than 2 years.
Servicing the car every 5 weeks adds up big time.

A lot of cabbies do weekly for 1 month and the hand it back...and have 1 to 2 months break.
The cabbies really do win in having spare time....and there are many ex uber drivers doing the cab.
That's OK with $50,000 you just buy a new car every year. service is cheap only about $200 to $300. we can even claim the gst, car services and the depreciation of the car. so you end paying only about the 60% of the cost for the car. so it won't cost $50,000 but only about $30,000. for the normal stuff like rego insurance. you have to pay that anyway if you have a car. but after gst and taxes you only pay 60% of the cost.

whyuber

That's OK with $50,000 you just buy a new car every year. service is cheap only about $200 to $300. we can even claim the gst, car services and the depreciation of the car. so you end paying only about the 60% of the cost for the car. so it won't cost $50,000 but only about $30,000. for the normal stuff like rego insurance. you have to pay that anyway if you have a car. but after gst and taxes you only pay 60% of the cost.
It's all good icecool.

fields

Win for the taxis me thinks :smiles:

Haven't you seen the growing number of Lexus and Genisis and Audi and Mercedes?
Definitely a win for taxis and a great opportunity. This is what taxis should have been pushing for all along instead of compensation for plate owners and no one else. Hire car drivers have been laughing all the way to the bank for the past five years.

I can see potential for luxury taxis servicing the corporate market, who knows I might even decide to drive one.

I have started to see more luxury cars as taxis but by the same token, the majority of Silver Service taxis now look worse than the 13cabs ones.