• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pay and Conditions

The Reaper

Plenty of jobs out there on an hourly rate. Buses have signs painted on them "drivers required"
If you choose to participate in the gig economy then perform your duties as you agreed to, otherwise STFU and give us all a break.
What about those massive cement trucks with driver wanted signs? You could squish an Uber and not even notice! Like this...
laf.jpg

UberRambo

Sorry Guys, I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but I think something needs to be said we chose to use ubers app, uber didn’t chose us! We are subcontractors and as such we decide when we work and the hours we work and the days we work. We knew when we started to do work for Uber what the conditions were. To start whinging and whining about the pay and conditions is a slap in the face for drivers who do it on a part time basis and are aware of the pitfalls uber was never a full time job driver-partners most value the flexibility the app provides and the majority could not use Uber without this flexibility.” There I have had my say now take your shot.
Do you work for Uber?

whyuber

What are the conditions to lease a taxi plate on a weekly basis @whyuber ??
There's no waiting list for a weekly lease.

You have to take their car taxi package for around $900 to $1000 per week.

Fuel and wash is your cost.

Keep it a as many weeks as you like and hand it back whenever you want.

I'd be on the winning side, taking out the cab for the week instead of using my private car for the week.

Prestige Bears

I'd be on the winning side, taking out the cab for the week instead of using my private car for the week.
Yeah, no thanks

Adam86

We chose to drive for Uber, but Uber is the one putting hundreds of new drivers online every week crippling earning capacity so your point is irrelevant
Post automatically merged:

Different states different rates... Also my 300 in 10 hrs is x only. You do xl. Different class too...
Also no guarantee you will make that extra $200. You might have a quiet period bringing your hourly rate way down.

Mulder99

We chose to drive for Uber, but Uber is the one putting hundreds of new drivers online every week crippling earning capacity so your point is irrelevant
Post automatically merged:

Also no guarantee you will make that extra $200. You might have a quiet period bringing your hourly rate way down.
No guaranteed but I’ve saved 4 hours of my time
To do what I want. 😂

Prestige Bears

You are at the mercy of the algorithm, it’s not about being smart or knowing the places to wait.

You are a slave to the rhythm. Simple.

40 hour week you can’t earn a living...

60-80 hours is not healthy.

Drive safe, get an exit strategy
Invest in your business, back yourself, don’t put all your eggs in one basket with Uber.......if you’re not putting in 60hrs pw on your business you’re probably better off looking for a boss if you have such a low work ethic

Churbro

$900 a week is what I pay to lease my cab plate. I then lease my cab to drivers earning me $1400 per week. I drive uber Friday sat and Sunday averaging $1200 for 3 days. Life’s good....Chur

Prestige Bears

$900 a week is what I pay to lease my cab plate. I then lease my cab to drivers earning me $1400 per week. I drive uber Friday sat and Sunday averaging $1200 for 3 days. Life’s good....Chur
Out of the $500 you have to take out car payment, insurance plus maintenance & Tyres ?

Icecool

Paying $900 to $1000 a week. that's $50,000 a year .I can finance a porche

fields

Sorry Guys, I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but I think something needs to be said we chose to use ubers app, uber didn’t chose us! We are subcontractors and as such we decide when we work and the hours we work and the days we work. We knew when we started to do work for Uber what the conditions were. To start whinging and whining about the pay and conditions is a slap in the face for drivers who do it on a part time basis and are aware of the pitfalls uber was never a full time job driver-partners most value the flexibility the app provides and the majority could not use Uber without this flexibility.” There I have had my say now take your shot.
Not true, the conditions are changing all the time.

MGS

I disagree, hourly rate does matter,

If it takes you 10 hours to make $300, but I only took 6 hours to make the same amount of $300,
I’ve just saved myself 4 hours of my time in productivity, which I can do other things,
Or keep driving and make another $200 😂
Yep, any clown that works for non-hourly rate, is well, a clown!!!

Grumpy Old Man

Yep, any clown that works for non-hourly rate, is well, a clown!!!
How could Uber work on an hourly rate? That's just silly, if ants were getting the same hourly rate for driving in city peak hour traffic as ants sitting on their arses at the airport.....what do you think would happen?