Pay and Conditions

gdaymate67

Sorry Guys, I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but I think something needs to be said we chose to use ubers app, uber didn’t chose us! We are subcontractors and as such we decide when we work and the hours we work and the days we work. We knew when we started to do work for Uber what the conditions were. To start whinging and whining about the pay and conditions is a slap in the face for drivers who do it on a part time basis and are aware of the pitfalls uber was never a full time job driver-partners most value the flexibility the app provides and the majority could not use Uber without this flexibility.” There I have had my say now take your shot.

jorod

Sorry Guys, I am going to ruffle a few feathers here, but I think something needs to be said we chose to use ubers app, uber didn’t chose us! We are subcontractors and as such we decide when we work and the hours we work and the days we work. We knew when we started to do work for Uber what the conditions were. To start whinging and whining about the pay and conditions is a slap in the face for drivers who do it on a part time basis and are aware of the pitfalls uber was never a full time job driver-partners most value the flexibility the app provides and the majority could not use Uber without this flexibility.” There I have had my say now take your shot.

Oh my... nothing new here. It's all the same stuff over & over again & sometimes with the same people....

everythingsuber

Pretty sure Uber came into the market in Sydney selling the idea of creating "Jobs" and "Better pay for drivers". Pretty sure Uber on more than one occasion told drivers they could earn 100ks per year? I remember that because they were fined 20 million dollars for saying so.

I certainly do agree with you that Uber is not a full-time job and Uber doesn't even try to pretend that it is anymore. Problem is that it isn't even a part time job.

Uber is a way to earn a little money. Pretty much like the collection of cans from rubbish bins and should not be thought of as any different.

Last edited:

Prestige Bears

Pretty sure Uber came into the market in Sydney selling the idea of creating "Jobs" and "Better pay for drivers". Pretty sure Uber on more than one occasion told drivers they could earn 100ks per year? I remember that because they were fined 20 million dollars for saying so.

I certainly do agree with you that Uber is not a full-time job and Uber doesn't even try to pretend that it is anymore. Problem is that it isn't even a part time job.

Uber is a way to earn a little money. Pretty much like the collection of cans from rubbish bins and should not be thought of as any different.
Wouldn't there be plenty of drivers capable of cracking over $100k pa, that's less than $2k pw

HomerPigeon

In response to OP.... Don't see this place as a status quo to who we really are like.... because if you took away the whingers, trolls and ego maniacs from this forum, we'd all be very lonely and unable to vent anywhere. :roflmao:

Mulder99

Loooolllll... C'mon dude don't start with the hourly rate... Hourly rate does not apply to this gig... Or to business in general... Its profits vs expense... When are people gonna get this?

I disagree, hourly rate does matter,

If it takes you 10 hours to make $300, but I only took 6 hours to make the same amount of $300,
I’ve just saved myself 4 hours of my time in productivity, which I can do other things,
Or keep driving and make another $200 ?

DA08

I disagree, hourly rate does matter,

If it takes you 10 hours to make $300, but I only took 6 hours to make the same amount of $300,
I’ve just saved myself 4 hours of my time in productivity, which I can do other things,
Or keep driving and make another $200 ?
Different states different rates... Also my 300 in 10 hrs is x only. You do xl. Different class too...

Grumpy Old Man

Plenty of jobs out there on an hourly rate. Buses have signs painted on them "drivers required"
If you choose to participate in the gig economy then perform your duties as you agreed to, otherwise STFU and give us all a break.

whyuber

whether its X or XL or whatever class, the shorter the timeframe you make your money, the better your productivity..

time equals money :smiles:
Yep, that's why I do the cab solely now ..time equals money.

I use Mulder99 earnings screenshots as my barometer...and it confirms for me to stick with the cab.

Don't forget forum members, that I strictly did UBER ONLY late 2015 to early 2016.
Then the regular $60 hour weekly average just quickly disappeared.

Also there are many ex uber drivers, now taxi drivers and a few as sole taxi operators.

There's a waiting list of 160 at 13cabs for a taxi licence plate lease...you can't get one.

Even the taxi plate lease has just gone up from $270 per week to $320 because of the demand.

Prestige Bears

Yep, that's why I do the cab solely now ..time equals money.

I use Mulder99 earnings screenshots as my barometer...and it confirms for me to stick with the cab.

Don't forget forum members, that I strictly did UBER ONLY late 2015 to early 2016.
Then the regular $60 hour weekly average just quickly disappeared.

Also there are many ex uber drivers, now taxi drivers and a few as sole taxi operators.

There's a waiting list of 160 at 13cabs for a taxi licence plate lease...you can't get one.

Even the taxi plate lease has just gone up from $270 per week to $320 because of the demand.
What are the conditions to lease a taxi plate on a weekly basis @whyuber ??