Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

PAX yesterday

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  swimmerbhs 
#1 ·
Yesterday I picked up a pax 5.0, opened the door for her and even offered to put her bag in the trunk for her.

She asked if I could make a stop before the destination and I agreed since it was on the way. Waited for her, short wait about 2 minutes and took her the rest of the way. After she got back in she asked if I could turn on Pandora radio to the station she likes I told her I didn't have the app but if she would like to wait while it downloaded it would not be a problem. She said no, and offered if she had the music she liked on her phone or had a favorite radio station I could change the radio. She plugged her phone into the usb outlet to play and then I dropped her off at her destination. She gave me 1* she didn't leave any feedback.

#2 ·
Yesterday I picked up a pax 5.0, opened the door for her and even offered to put her bag in the trunk for her.

She asked if I could make a stop before the destination and I agreed since it was on the way. Waited for her, short wait about 2 minutes and took her the rest of the way. After she got back in she asked if I could turn on Pandora radio to the station she likes I told her I didn't have the app but if she would like to wait while it downloaded it would not be a problem. She said no, and offered if she had the music she liked on her phone or had a favorite radio station I could change the radio. She plugged her phone into the usb outlet to play and then I dropped her off at her destination. She gave me 1* she didn't leave any feedback.
Welcome to the uberX party. I've had passengers in back seat critique my driving or navigation, then leave me with a low rating too. This is why we ( drivers ) need to organize so we can effect change. Unfortunately companies like uber will only do the right thing when forced to by the regulatory agencies.

#8 ·
In most normal instances, I would advise against picking up college kids, but that seems to be the majority of your passengers. All the power to you, my friend. You must have the patience of a saint. I'll assume you just started? In time, you'll realize that shuttling around cheapskate college kids for minimum fares and no tip isn't worth your time.

#11 ·
AshyLarry is right on. I hate when I get sucked into the University of Minnesota campus. Typically I'll turn off the app and get the heck out of there. Unless there is a big surge it isn't worth it. Once waited 5 minutes to give 2 coeds a 1 block ride! Not in the winter either.

#10 ·
How do you know she was the one? I have 36 rides, my rating is now 4.63. Have always been polite to the pax, I know the drill, if the customer wants to talk I'll be happy to engage them in conversation, if not then I remain pretty much silent. Jumping in and out of the car to open doors would be pretty silly for 90% of the folks that aren't going to tip and obviously driver supplied freebies are completely out of the question with these razor thin margins. I wouldn't sweat the ratings, there are a lot of selfish assholes out there, no reflection on you. And college students rarely ever tip, I'm happy that they're a very small percentage of my fares.

#12 ·
If I were to get away from the college students I would have to drive about 5 miles out of the way and turn the app on then. Apart from the campuses of FSU, FAMU and TCC there isnt much in the way off non college students. Except for the state agencies and they still have some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.