PAX WITH WAZE GPS ON PHONE SPEAKER WTF!!!

Umax

Has this ever happen to you guys, I pick up a
Pax and he starts with WAZE gps on speaker
so that's it next time I am ending the trip on the
spot ... now I dispatched for a delivery company for years, but WhoTF this people think they are or better who WhoTF they think we are so
I asked him if he can put the Spanish version on WAZE and he was like ahahahahahaha [email protected]&$& Idiot ...

Last edited:

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

I would say 100% of Peeps that aren't "from here" are running their own map/GPS. Most have the grace to mute the volume. Why blame them, they don't know your driving experience? How could they, guber doesn't provide any information about you to help them make such a judgment and they only met you five minutes ago.

For all they know you moved to the city yesterday, just like they did. I think you handled it fine. I would usually make a joke out of it like, "hey is the brain in your GPS any smarter than mine and giving us a faster way?"

But ejecting a rider for this seems...idk, trivial. No?

Last edited:

driving312

They do it because Uber is a fleet of non-professional drivers. And they've been taken around in circles wayyy too many times. I don't blame them and I don't take it personally.

This should make all the sense in the world to "smart" guys, but smart guys are the ones that don't THINK, lol.

BTW, as any driver for a delivery company will tell you....dispatchers don't know anything. They are behind a computer and know pickup and destinations, they are not the drivers on the road problem solving traffic conditions and routes.

"I dispatched for years..." ...yeah, cool story bro.

Last edited:

Reversoul

If that happened to me, I'd just connect my phone to my stereo and drown out their device. I have a 12 inch bass sub in the trunk too.

75drive

They do it because Uber is a fleet of non-professional drivers. And they've been taken around in circles wayyy too many times. I don't blame them and I don't take it personally.
This should make all the sense in the world to "smart" guys, lol.
I'm not sure what the @@@@ a "professional driver" is but if you're referring to limo drivers and cab drivers because they have a livery license that's @@@@ing laughable! I know how to navigate Chicago and how to drive in city traffic at least as well or better than most of them! Plus I actually pay attention instead of talking on my phone the entire ride (@@@@ING IRRITATING)! True there's Uber drivers that suck but there's also limo and taxi drivers who suck too! I will concede though that any taxi driver smokes me hands down when it comes to operating the @@@@ing HORN (WHICH IS ABNOXIOUS AS @@@@)!!! Furthermore if someone is trying to make money by taking riders on a tour then they're idiots!!! Get them in and get them out as quick as possible!!!!!

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Horn Ninjas are the worst. When they do that I just sit deathly still till they go around me. And then watch them almost hit the Ped in the crosswalk that they can't see thru my tints. Dumbphucers.

elelegido

Has this ever happen to you guys, I pick up a
Pax and he starts with WAZE gps on speaker
so that's it next time I am ending the trip on the
spot ... now I dispatched for a delivery company for years, but WhoTF this people think they are or better who WhoTF they think we are so
I asked him if he can put the Spanish version on WAZE and he was like ahahahahahaha [email protected]&$& Idiot ...
I don't have a problem with it. Hell, they can swap places and they drive me to the destination if they want.

Pardalian

I'm not sure what the &%[email protected]!* a "professional driver" is but if you're referring to limo drivers and cab drivers because they have a livery license that's &%[email protected]!*ing laughable! I know how to navigate Chicago and how to drive in city traffic at least as well or better than most of them! Plus I actually pay attention instead of talking on my phone the entire ride (&%[email protected]!*ING IRRITATING)! True there's Uber drivers that suck but there's also limo and taxi drivers who suck too! I will concede though that any taxi driver smokes me hands down when it comes to operating the &%[email protected]!*ing HORN (WHICH IS ABNOXIOUS AS &%[email protected]!*)!!! Furthermore if someone is trying to make money by taking riders on a tour then they're idiots!!! Get them in and get them out as quick as possible!!!!!
someone got their feelings hurt cause he is not considered a "professional driver" :smiles:

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

someone got their feelings hurt cause he is not considered a "professional driver" :smiles:
IMO "professional drivers" are those that earn a substantial income from their trade, dedicate their lives to the profession and truly demonstrate mastery over their vehicle. Such as Indy Car Drivers, NASCAR, Formula One etc. Not a bunch of clowns standing around in cheap black suits smoking unfiltered camels. But that's JM2C.:cool:

Pardalian

IMO "professional drivers" are those that earn a substantial income from their trade, dedicate their lives to the profession and truly demonstrate mastery over their vehicle. Such as Indy Car Drivers, NASCAR, Formula One etc. Not a bunch of clowns standing around in cheap black suits smoking unfiltered camels. But that's JM2C.:cool:
A professional driver is someone who is paid to drive a vehicle. Whether you want to include rideshare drivers in there or not its up to you.
professional driver is also someone to receive additional training on top of the regular drivers license training.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

A professional driver is someone who is paid to drive a vehicle. Whether you want to include rideshare drivers in there or not its up to you.
professional driver is also someone to receive additional training on top of the regular drivers license training.
Your response is not logically consistent. If A=B=C, then A=C. "A professional driver is someone who is paid to drive a vehicle". TNC drivers are paid a % of the fares they drive. By your definition they are therefore "professional drivers". So how could it be "up to me" to include them in your definition? You've already included them. And if one simply defines earning compensation as the hallmark of a professional, then I suppose by your definition a hamburger chain french fry basket handler is a "professional potatoe wrangler". "Professional" entails far more than simply earning compensation for a task. But then any true professional already knows that.