Pax with small children/babies

jmpric

Yeah but what about pax with small children that DON'T have their own car seat? That's a no no. Luckily (for them, not me) I have two small, portable booster seats in my trunk (for my gf's kids).

IERide

Yeah but what about pax with small children that DON'T have their own car seat? That's a no no. Luckily (for them, not me) I have two small, portable booster seats in my trunk (for my gf's kids).
Consider what would happen should there be a small fender-bender and baby got hurt while in your booster-seat that you installed.. Those Jackie Chiles lawyers will be all over YOU for installing it wrong, the seat being defective, wrong type/size for baby, etc..
Just something to think about. People are a-holes and will try to hit the jackpot any way they can.

mandreyka

You must have a car seat NOT a booster seat and I think now if they are infants they must be backwards.

I have had this happen to me, pulled up and a couple with a baby about 6 months and a 2 year old.

So I say whew is the car seats? Guy had an attitude and said "we have been using you guys all day" and "we are only going about a mile "

I just looked at him and said "your kidding me right"? Told him good luck and pulled up about 100 ft to wait for him to cancel. He never did so I waited 5 and got my $7.50 cancel fee which is probably more than I would of made on the trip.

Just don't do it, sad part is that drivers are doing it because they have no balls to say no

OC Lady Uber Driver

Last weekend, I was in Newport Beach and this clearly preggers woman comes waddling out with an infant wrapped in a sling, a toddler in one hand and an open drinking glass and no lid. The first thing out of my mouth was, "You need car seats for your children". She said, that's OK, I'll order another Uber. I cancelled and wrote a note to customer service that she was trying to get rides for her and her babies without car seats which is illegal in California. Freaked me out!

mandreyka

Last weekend, I was in Newport Beach and this clearly preggers woman comes waddling out with an infant wrapped in a sling, a toddler in one hand and an open drinking glass and no lid. The first thing out of my mouth was, "You need car seats for your children". She said, that's OK, I'll order another Uber. I cancelled and wrote a note to customer service that she was trying to get rides for her and her babies without car seats which is illegal in California. Freaked me out!
Ya and the next driver won't care and take her, she knows that. Let her cancel it next time.