• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PAX who consistently leave shitty ratings, should have their ratings count less.

Should bad ratings from consistently cranky PAX count less?

• Total voters

YouEvenLyftBruh

So when I thought this up on my own, I thought I was brilliant, but then I saw that there was an entire category called 'ratings' ...I realized, this will probably be the thousandth person to suggest this.

...also, I KNOW that this is just us drivers venting here, but who knows, maybe there are folks from uber or lyft actually reading some of this, so here it is:

Why should a consistently bi*chy, :mad: unsatisfied PAX, who consistently leaves bad ratings have their ratings taken as seriously as someone who only rates drivers carefully and sparingly?

Jay Dean

So when I thought this up on my own, I thought I was brilliant, but then I saw that there was an entire category called 'ratings' ...I realized, this will probably be the thousandth person to suggest this.

...also, I KNOW that this is just us drivers venting here, but who knows, maybe there are folks from uber or lyft actually reading some of this, so here it is:

Why should a consistently bi*chy, :mad: unsatisfied PAX, who consistently leaves bad ratings have their ratings taken as seriously as someone who only rates drivers carefully and sparingly?
The short answer is they are running a business and you and your car is the product, they leech, and playing fair hurts their over all goal. The rating system is to make it look like some kind of fair game, just post here when your tire blows out or if you have to change brakes how fast they are to help and play fair LOL

Mista T

Author
When I started driving, I did the same thing all drivers do: everyone gets 5 stars.

Now, I estimate that 50% of my pax get 5 stars. Does that make me a bi*chy driver, or a thoughtful driver who is willing to rate fairly?

Julescase

I'd actually say the same for drivers too. These guys who rate everyone 4 who didn't cash tip aren't exactly much better

Untrue - I want to know who is a shitty rider - and to me, shitty riders don't tip.

This game is all about the Benjamins - the only thing I care about when I accept a ping, truly, is "will this person be polite and tip me if I provide stellar service?" and if other scaredy-cat drivers would stop giving every Tom Dick and Harry a 5-star rating because they're scared of the big bad retaliation ratings, I'd be able to use ratings the way they're supposed to be used- to decide what pax I want, based on their tipping habits.

Just stop giving shitty pax 5 stars - if they're rude, late, inconsiderate, obnoxious, ask for unreasonable stops and favors, don't tip (80% of them at least) RATE THEM ACCORDINGLY.

That's what pax ratings are for - it's literally the ONLY tool drivers have to decide whether we want them in our car. If every driver rates every pax 5, what's the frigging point?

Just Another Uber Drive

When Uber added tipping to the app to start off the 180 days of change they said it was their answer to our earnings. It is in the 180 days of change graphics in their advertising material. If it is part of our earnings then tipping is far from optional. It is expected. So pax who don't tip are stealing from us. They aren't supplementing our salary as Uber intended when they added a tipping option to the app. Pax who steal money out of your pocket and food out of your child's mouth are deserving of lower ratings.

JDJDrama

I really want this to be true, but until I actually experience it, I don’t believe it. I almost only get back lower ratings after I’ve given them out. Pax negative feedback is so vague and generic, that it usually doesn’t make much sense, and isn’t helpful to anyone! Driver’s can’t improve or even learn from feedback that lacks any real specifics.
The rating system may give a decent “general idea” of someone, but it’s still very flawed. Pax & Drivers can give out 1 stars for any or no reason at all. That’s a huge flaw that can ultimately lead to a Driver losing their job!
I just received a 1 star (Navagation) that I couldn’t even guess who, when or where it came from. After 4,500 trips, it doesn’t matter to me much, but it’s still annoying.
But I’m hoping you are right, and these changes come into play :smiles:
- Rant Over!

Julescase

I don't trust Uber on this - I recently sent a message to them after a crap ride and said "If this rider tries to rate me poorly, it's due to Uber's navigation and the traffic we faced during the majority of the trip, which I didn't have any control over. Please make sure their poor rating (if given) is removed ASAP as Uber's new terms state that issues like traffic and faulty navigation won't count against drivers if riders attempt to give a bad rating because of it. Thank you."

They wrote back saying that unfortunately they can't change ratings and the one bad rating won't make a big difference blah blah blibbity blah.....

If the passenger doesn't specifically list one of the few reasons Uber allows for poor ratings to be removed when they rate, Uber doesn't seem open to actually believing the driver (shocking, right, considering Uber's "drivers are guilty first, guilty always, guilty forever and should never be trusted" stance).

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong. (I sense a collective "YES! YES YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE!" coming from the entire UP community.)

JesusisLord777

A while back got my very first 1star, which was undeserved, and I contacted Uber three times about it, and every time they said that they wouldn't do anything about it....

About two weeks later I noticed the rating had been changed to a 4star... Makes me wonder if someone in management read my e- mail and did something about it.

There is a fairly simple way to identify pax who regularly rate drivers lower than others..it’s called inter-rather reliability and it’s something every statistician and data scientist at Uber understands. They don’t do this because they don’t want to.

Bpr2

I don't trust Uber on this - I recently sent a message to them after a crap ride and said "If this rider tries to rate me poorly, it's due to Uber's navigation and the traffic we faced during the majority of the trip, which I didn't have any control over. Please make sure their poor rating (if given) is removed ASAP as Uber's new terms state that issues like traffic and faulty navigation won't count against drivers if riders attempt to give a bad rating because of it. Thank you."

They wrote back saying that unfortunately they can't change ratings and the one bad rating won't make a big difference blah blah blibbity blah.....

If the passenger doesn't specifically list one of the few reasons Uber allows for poor ratings to be removed when they rate, Uber doesn't seem open to actually believing the driver (shocking, right, considering Uber's "drivers are guilty first, guilty always, guilty forever and should never be trusted" stance).

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong. (I sense a collective "YES! YES YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE!" coming from the entire UP community.)
It’s because uber specifically states when a rating won’t affect driver scores if they choose that option, so they thumb thru until that message doesn’t pop up. So what they did with rating protection is nullified by them telling pax when it won’t hurt us.