• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

PAX who canceled ride while the ride.

Danz Haagen

I have run across some really stupid people. Today was one of them. I get request from pax with 1.0 rating (WTF!! LOL) So, i accept to check it out. I arrive and a young woman comes out with her boyfriend.

well, they get into the car. I start driving. I drove for like 1 minute and 100 feet, and I receive this "cancel" ping on my phone. ?????? I was in the middle of the road, turning left. So I thought may be there was a problem with the phone. I turned, and only then was able to look clearly look at the phone: it said: Client Canceled... Split second later I get another request from a different person. I accept, while these two dooshbags are still in my car. And it was pouring rain. I pull over, and tell them to getta hell out my car. The girl had surprised look on her face. She asked if she was gonna get charged. I said: Sure you will (@@@@@).... And she asked me to at least drop them off, out of the rain. To which I said: there is another person standing in the rain right I now i have to get her. So I kicked them out of my precious vehicle into the rain. high five to me.... She thought she was getting a free ride. But in the end, I only drove 100 feet, I got my 3.20, and Uber got 1.80. where the heck those kind of people come from? drop from the moon?

people watch out. couple of months ago, i had same thing with a guy. i drove for like 20 minutes with him in the car. and as i was approaching destination he canceled. in order to battle this, inform Uber, they will adjust the payment according to the distance and time you drove. if you don't complain, you get only $5. unless you are on guarantee.

Danz Haagen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have had this happen two times. I asked the first one to request another ride. The second time I kicked the guy out right at the next corner.
I informed Uber both times and rated the idiots 1 star.

Yes... people are really that dumb.
can you still rate when they cancel?

Danz Haagen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LMFAO how can someone be so bold to do such a thing while they are sitting in the back seat of your car?
it will happen to you some day. just watch out. and throw them the heck out of the car because the moment they cancel they become liability.

well, i can get hot tempered, so i do not guarantee if in that moment, if this happens again in the middle of I-95, i do not guarantee that I will not put em out on the shoulder in the middle of high way... if uber complains that i threw them out in the middle of a highway. i would say they became a liability.

Last edited:

Imsophilly

I have run across some really stupid people. Today was one of them. I get request from pax with 1.0 rating (WTF!! LOL) So, i accept to check it out. I arrive and a young woman comes out with her boyfriend.

well, they get into the car. I start driving. I drove for like 1 minute and 100 feet, and I receive this "cancel" ping on my phone. ?????? I was in the middle of the road, turning left. So I thought may be there was a problem with the phone. I turned, and only then was able to look clearly look at the phone: it said: Client Canceled... Split second later I get another request from a different person. I accept, while these two dooshbags are still in my car. And it was pouring rain. I pull over, and tell them to getta hell out my car. The girl had surprised look on her face. She asked if she was gonna get charged. I said: Sure you will (@@@@@).... And she asked me to at least drop them off, out of the rain. To which I said: there is another person standing in the rain right I now i have to get her. So I kicked them out of my precious vehicle into the rain. high five to me.... She thought she was getting a free ride. But in the end, I only drove 100 feet, I got my 3.20, and Uber got 1.80. where the heck those kind of people come from? drop from the moon?

people watch out. couple of months ago, i had same thing with a guy. i drove for like 20 minutes with him in the car. and as i was approaching destination he canceled. in order to battle this, inform Uber, they will adjust the payment according to the distance and time you drove. if you don't complain, you get only $5. unless you are on guarantee.

Thanks for sharing this experience with the forum...this is freakin' hilarious and job well done by you! I would've done the same thing...out you go!

FlDriver

can you still rate when they cancel?
Don't think so. Driver can only leave a rating for a completed trip, and I assume the same is true for a rider. That's a good thing overall, because usually a canceled trip means no ride was given, so there is nothing to rate. I don't want someone being able to leave me a low rating because I canceled because I couldn't find them to pick them up, for example.