1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

PAX was a girl sneaking out of her parents' house

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Phillip Jones, Jan 8, 2017.

1. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tits & ass or daddy/mommy finds out. Kiss your trust fund goodbye, they will cut you off & your have to drive uber to survive. 1/19 times results in a beej.

2. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ah. I see you like prison.

SmokestaXX likes this.
  3. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. If the passenger isn't a legit Uber passenger, because of their age, it might be tough to convince James River to pay.

Better to be upfront with your own insurance agent and company, and MAKE SURE you're covered

SmokestaXX likes this.
  4. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Active Member

This may sound like a funny story until you're the subject of an amber alert. I've had some weird situations but, this is 1 that's not getting in my car.

5. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Active Member

He's probably been and looking to go back.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

I am currently talking with James river about a car accident I was in. I asked the lady about a scenario involving a hit and run and an underage pax that was alone. I have a screen shot. She basically said they would pay up to a few hundred dollars but that is it. Also depends on the state.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    crazy916 likes this.
  7. SmokestaXX

SmokestaXX Active Member

CYA should be the standard for all Uber drivers. U never know when you'll be that 1 in 1million statistic.

8. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

It's not on the driver to determine if the person is the account holder or of age beyond asking their name. JR insurance is a contract, they don't have a choice. The idea that insurance companies won't pay or try not to pay legitimate claims is 99.9% myth. I would be far more concerned my private insurance wouldn't because they are clearly not liable no matter what they say verbally unless you get TNC insurance.

9. mattadams

mattadams Well-Known Member

I don't usually drive the late night crowd, but I have on occasion done a shift starting around 3am... and am often surprised how many times I've picked up people and/or dropped them off when there is clearly some suspicious activity going on... like someone saying to drop tehm off a few hours away and then I watch them get into the house through a grove of trees or something... not my business, on to the next ride :).

10. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

The screen shot I put up is a response from a James river claim examiner.

11. cakoo10

cakoo10 Active Member

That's so true. Uber gives Teens ALOT of freedom. It really is conveinant for them. There just needs to be better rules and regulations around it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017